Chapter VIII

(Your POV)

"W-wait what do you mean I love Artemis? surely you're mistaken, right? I mean she's a Maiden Goddess after all!"

I honestly don't know what to believe, I mean she is the Goddess of Love after all and Aphrodite wouldn't lie to me would she? The goddess just looked at me with an amused expression on her face, "You know that I would never tell such a Fib, especially to my own son (YN), It's true your heart longs for Artemis, this hasn't happened since Orion, however I know that you are a much better person than he ever could be, this is, however, a fascinating and delicate situation for even with all my power I am unable to see how this could end, my advice to you my son is to follow your heart, that's all I would ever want for you to be happy."

Without warning I awoke in my tent it was morning by now, and my mother's words kept echoing within my head, "follow my heart"... what does my heart even want? This whole Love thing is rather new to me after all, it's a rather overwhelming and scary experience all things considered. Without dwelling more on the implications I sat up from my bed and began to pace within my tent, this whole following what the heart wants business is rather annoying.

After weighing the options and possible consequences for quite some time I've come to my conclusion, it would be better for everyone involved if I went ahead and returned to camp. Whether or not I do actually love Artemis or not matters not, I am a demigod and a male one at that and she has strictly forbidden herself from being in any sort of relationship because of it, so I begin to prepare, for the journey ahead. Once I had everything packed I set the magic tent back into its traveling form and approached Artemis's tent, it was early the sun had barely begun to rise and I stood before the tent rather scared. "U-uh lady Artemis are you awake?"

After a few moments of no answer, I placed the tent down along with a note I had prepared and turned to walk away, however, I quickly heard a rustling and a somewhat tired voice answered behind me, "(YN) is that you?"

"Yes, Lady Artemis... I uh, I'm leaving, I just came by to say goodbye and return the tent you lent me, I appreciate everything you've done for me and uh... I appreciate the friendship you've offered me"

"Oh... well uh, you may keep the tent if you wish as a gift, and uh hold on one moment" Artemis quickly return to her tent, I take this time to take the tent she had said I could have, after a moment she came back out she appeared to be in her more adult form.

"here this ring turns into the bow that every hunter has, once you draw it back the arrow will materialize in the string and nock itself, please accept this gift." I took the small silver ring in my hand and put it on my hand, it fits quite well and had a crescent moon symbol on it.

"Thank you, lady Artemis I greatly appreciate this gift, thank you again for saving me from my death... I just wish that it were Olivia instead of me who made it, she didn't deserve to go like that."

Artemis put a hand on my shoulder in comfort which greatly surprised me, "(YN) I am truly sorry for the loss, however, know that Olivia rests in Elysium at peace, I may despise males but take comfort in knowing that you are an exception (YN) I know you shall become a great hero, but heed my warning do not let your arrogance cloud your judgment, be a better person please... for all of our sakes" Artemis then pulls me into a hug, one that I was very surprised to find myself in, I could physically feel my face heat up and my heart rate quicken, it felt like heaven.

"Be safe (YN) be the Hero I know you are, I'll let the other hunters know that you've returned to camp, and I'll be sure to look after Christa for you." Artemis shoots me a smile as she lets go of me, she then turns back into her tent and leaves me standing outside a blushing mess.

The march back to Camp half Blood was uneventful at best a few small time monsters popped up to annoy me but they were quickly taken care of, eventually, I found myself standing next to an unrealistically large pine tree and sighed heavily as I reached into my pocket to find both Olivia's and Luke's beaded necklaces, I march my way towards the blue house and made my way onto the porch where Chrion and Dionises sat playing dominos, Dionises was the first to glance up.

"Oh, you're alive how about that, well welcome back I suppose," he said in his usual uncaring way, Chrion quickly turns and pulls me into a tight embrace, I could feel the tears drop onto my clothes from the older Centaur. "Oh (yn) you have no idea how relieved we are for your return, we all feared for you and missed you greatly, and your siblings asked about you constantly" I knew that they didn't care if I lived or died but I still appreciated Chrion trying to paint it that they cared, "I know they didn't care Chrion, it's alright... but uh, I'm sorry that the search party as unsuccessful, and that my leadership caused the demise of 2 of my fellow campers... I uh, have their necklaces, and I would like to give them to their siblings."

Chiron sighed seeing how his lie didn't work for my siblings, "No I'm sorry for allowing you to go out there, it is much too dangerous now with the influx of monsters, we shall discuss this later, I'm sure you have to speak with your siblings and the other campers."

And with that, I was back "home" as they put it, but I knew that many of the campers would likely hate me, they would probably view me as the reason for their friend's and sibling's death, not that I blamed them, I simply just nodded my head and made my way to my Cabin.

As I made my way towards the cabin area I began to mentally prepare myself for what I was about to face it wasn't going to be a easy thing to do but I owed Olivia and Luke's family there beads it was only right.  I approached the Hermes cabin first and knocked loudly on the door, after a few minutes one of the campers opened the door. "Uhh can I help you?"

"I need to speak with Travis and Connor are they In?" As I finished I saw Connor approach the door and he did not look happy, "you have a lot of nerve coming to this cabin (YN)" after he speaks I hold out my hand and give him the necklace of Luke, "I understand that you're upset with me and me apologizing isn't going to make it better but here, it was Luke's" and with that I turned and walked away from them offering no other words.

The conversation was more or less the same at the Apollo cabin however Will was at least more formal in hating my guts, but he did at least thank me for trying to save her in the end, still having to live with the fact I wasn't good enough to save her was torture enough.  Finally I went to the Aphrodite cabin, my "home" at camp even though I'd consider more of a nightmare to stay at.  All of my siblings were grade A mean girls, even as I entered the cabin I was hit with the overwhelming smell of hairspray and makeup, no one even spared a glance except of course Drew, oh why did it have to be Drew.

"Well we'll 'brother' how nice of you to finally join us from your little vacation... tell us have you killed anymore of our campers with your leadership?" Gods how I hated the way she spoke down to me, even if I was taller and far more powerful than her the way she spoke made It clear that she was the one in charge, "you know everyone thinks you're the reason they were killed? It wouldn't surprise me if they Exile you from camp at this rate". I knew better than to actually dignify that with a response, I ignore her and set my stuff down on my bunk, however I can't help but shoot her a glare and even with how confidently she holds herself I know that she fears me, the way she avoids looking into my eyes or how she shrinks down a size or two, I try to calm myself but I can't stand how she treated me the moment I step through this door.

I set my stuff down and stalk towards her making sure to walk as loud and intimidatingly as possible, when I'm right infront of her she has that stupid confident smirk on her face, I reach my hand and grip her shoulder tightly enough to cause discomfort, and I stare into her eyes like that of a starving beast.

"Listen here 'sister' I just went through hell and back just to finally come home and have some semblance of peace, I lost 2 good friends out in a unfortunate mission that they knew the risks of and I am going to say this once and only once, I will not put up with your petty Mean Girls bullshit and if you continue to harass me I'll make sure to leave you so fucking disfigured that no amount of makeup will be able to save you are we clear?" Drew nods her head excessively a look of unadulterated fear In her eyes, she finally knows better than to mess with me.  As I let go I turn to see that every single one of my siblings are staring at me, some with fear, others with admiration but most have finally seen that I will no longer be pushed around, and with that I go to my bunk and begin to rest.