Chapter 9

"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. "

-Harriet Tubman

Lanas Pov

I walk back in the pack house a little bit later, I'm a bit weary about what happened earlier, well, Scarlett and I both. I understand that Hunter wants what best for his pack, but his whole demeanor changed. It shocked me, but I know I shouldn't question it.

But I am.

I know I shouldn't fret about it.

But I am.

I've seen people like him, the ones thats whole personality changes after something small happens to them. I don't like them all that much, they hurt. Their aura is dangerous, and scary... They don't do well around people like me, they often snap and they go to something amazingly different than their first impression. They have hurt me, they helped make me into
what I am today.

A damaged good. I'm the broken vase that was sent to your mother and was beaten and battered on their way, and often thrown out or sent back to the start.

I sigh and place my head in my hands and lean against a wall after I walk into my room. My thoughts are coming off as knots, so many at one time it gets tangled.
It's making me more confused than I already. I clench my fists as I think about everything, getting frustrated I walk to my bed and lay down on it.

I stare at the white ceiling, listening to the voices in the pack house. They are all happy and excited about Hunter finding his mate, I can hear everything they are thinking about me, the fact that I look kind, about me slapping him, about what his family will think about me. I'm closing my eyes now, until I hear someone knock on my door, I open my eyes and sit up, I contemplate whether to open the door or not, but the person knocks again and I sigh and stand up. I walk over to the door and open it to find Hunter standing there.

"Yes?" I spoke raising my eyebrows.

"I have a question," he tells me. I nod for him to start.

"What was your rank in your last pack?" He questions. My mouth straightens into a line.

"Omega," I utter, his eyebrows knit into a expression of distaste.

"How...?" Hunter muttered after a few seconds. I shrug and I turn to close the door, but he grabs my shoulder, I sneer at his touch. I shake his hand off me and turn back around. His mouth is in a line and his eyebrows knit.

"How in goddess' name did you become my mate?" Again I shrug, not knowing the answer either. He groans and put his head in his hands. I raise my eyebrows, wondering what he is going to say next. He looks back up at me and looks me up and down. "That surprisingly explains a lot." He inputs.

"And might I ask how?" 

"The fact how high your pain tolerance is, from seeing how you handled your injuries; Your clothing; how you present yourself; and how you act, anxious, and paranoid, yet rude and stubborn like you were constantly fighting for your life."  My mouth curls up into sneer.

"And you found this out by knowing me for two days?" I ask.

His eyebrows raise, "Well, you are not as discreet as you think." I scoff, and I swear I see him smile for a second before he coughs.

"Well I better get going, you should get going to bed soon." He turns and makes his way down the hall. I roll my eyes and shut my door. I sigh and sit down at my door.