Chapter Thirty-Three: Implant

A/N

Disclaimer: There is some of what I guess could me considered gore in this chapter.  Its not too bad, but I figured I'd put a warning just in case there's anyone who doesn't want to read it.  I will put a warning just before, so you don't have to worry!  Without any further adieu, on with the show!

~~~

Jim slowly opened his eyes. He blinked them slowly, waiting until the hazy shapes of his surroundings cleared to reveal where he was in...Blinky's library?" he groaned, and went to sit up. Every ounce of his being was aching, and he had a searing pain on his left pectoral. He eventually made it into a sitting position, though his head hurt and the world around him would not stop spinning. It took him nearly ten minutes to notice the familiar figure standing in the doorway.

"...Draal?" the troll slowly turned around, stone and metal arms folded across his broad, stone chest.

"Hello, TrollHunter. It's been quite some time." Jim was still too out of it to even question why he was in TrollMarket, or why his bodyguard was here and not with Toby or his mother. Jim laughed a little dryly.

"Yeah...yeah it has." Draal nodded and walked over, helping him sit up straight. It was only then that Jim noticed he was actually on a bed that had been set up in the middle of Blinky's library, the usual furniture pushed to the sides.

"What...?" Draal sighed a bit.

"I am supposed to inform Blinky and Arrrgh when you wake. I will return." Jim went to tell him not to go, but the troll was already gone.  Jim sighed, and stared down at his hand in his lap.  He didn't know why, but this was the only time he noticed that he was in fact, no longer in a hospital gown.  He was wearing one of his many blue jackets, a white t-shirt, and some black joggers he hardly ever wore.  He tilted his head a bit.  Who...who had changed his clothes?

"Master Jim!" he looked up to see his mentor come running over and pulling him into a gentle hug.  Jim hissed quietly in pain when he accidentally touched the sore spot on the left side of his chest, but only moved his body before returning the hug with his one arm.

"Hey Blinky." he whispered, his voice rough and scratchy.  Blinky pulled away, and Jim's eyes widened when he saw Arrrgh side-step through the door.  His face broke out in a grin.

"Arrrgh!" he hadn't seen him since he had died, and even though he knew that Claire and Toby had revived him, he still couldn't believe it!  The big troll let out a deep chuckle, and walked over to gently hug Jim to his stone chest.

"Missed you." he said, and Jim laughed a little, tears falling down his face.  He hadn't seen any of his troll friends since before he had gone into the darklands.  He had missed them so much, including Arrrgh who he thought he'd never see again.

"I missed you too, Buddy." he whispered, the big troll pulling away and gently wiping some tears from Jim's face.  Someone cleared their throat, and Arrrgh moved out of the way for Draal, who, had forgotten how fragile human bodies were.  He scooped Jim up with both of his arms, pulling him into a bone crushing hug and holding his limp body almost a foot off of the floor with a maniacal laugh.

"I have missed you too, TrollHunter!" Jim was getting a little woozy from how he couldn't breathe and the pain shooting through his chest, but Blinky luckily came to the rescue.

"Draal, I don't believe Master Jim can currently breathe with how you are holding him." Draal set Jim down, and the poor boy just fell back onto the bed.  Luckily, Draal had set him down close enough to the mattress that he didn't fall to the floor.  Once Jim had caught his breath, he began to realize where he actually was.

"Wait...why...why am I here...and...not in a hospital? This...is Trollmarket, right?" Blinky, Arrrgh, and Draal all exchanged a quick glance, and Blinky sighed before stepping forward.

"If you try to leave this place, your Midnight armor will appear, and won't come off.  For your own safety, we decided to keep you here until we find out a way to stabilize the amulet.  It always returns to your hand, no matter how far, and no matter how many people take it away." Jim looked down at his only hand, then up at Blinky.  There was nothing there.

"I...don't understand." Arrrgh made a little whining noise at Jim's words, and Blinky gently put a hand on Jim's shoulder.

"Lift your shirt, Master Jim." he whispered.  Jim thought it was and odd request, sure, but he did it anyway.  

(A/N What could be considered as gore starts here!)

Jim gasped when he found his amulet, purple stone and all, embedded into his left pectoral muscle.  The five stones in the back shone clearly, and what should have been flesh surrounding the amulet had turned to stone.  Where stone met skin was red and inflamed, his body trying to reject the stone, and the amulet like it was some kind of infection.  He shakily lifted his head to look at Blinky, who looked just as scared and worried as Jim felt.

(Okay gore over!)

"What's...w-what's happening to me, Blinky?" he whispered, shaking as he slowly lowered his shirt back down.  Blinky clasped his four hands together.

"That...I'm afraid we do not know." he whispered.  "But...the stone around your amulet is not grey, like a dying troll's would be it's-"

"Blue." Arrrgh interjected, pointing to his chest where you could now clearly see the stones in the back of his amulet shining through his t-shirt.

"So what does that mean?" Jim asked, bowing his head.  This was weird.  He thought he'd be done after killing Gunmar.  What was happening?

"We believe that..." Blinky sighed a bit.  "That you're being turned into a troll, Master Jim."

~~~

A/N

Happy New Year to all those who celebrate!  I hope you like this chapter, I really feel like I'm lowkey getting my writing groove back, you know?  I just want to thank everyone again for sticking with me and commenting on my chapters, it means more than you will ever know.

Also: I'm thinking of maybe making an instagram for this fanfiction?  I know it's a little bit of a weird medium but I'm also thinking of making some fanart to pair with the chapters, so I don't know.  Tell me what scene you'd like me to draw, and I'd be more than happy to try (emphasis on the try).  Anywho,

Thanks for Reading!

     ~TJ