II

Chapter 2 - Shadowing Director Fury

With a frown, Director Fury pulled up a file on his computer about a shootout in Northern New York. Some SHIELD agents had found Perseus Jackson, the ex-HYDRA soldier. He had escaped HYDRA a few years ago, and killed a few people in Germany where the base he was at had been located before it had been bombed by SHIELD. He fled the country, and appeared now in New York.

"Agent Hill, assemble the Avengers. We have some HYDRA ass to kick," he spoke into the monitor.

• • •

"Your task is to capture Perseus Jackson," he spoke to the team. Thor was back on Asgard, and they have no way to summon him back to Earth, so the other Avengers have to catch Jackson. "He is believed to have been one of HYDRA's super soldiers, who recently escaped a base in Germany." Steve stiffened at the mention of HYDRA. Fury tossed a file onto the table for the team to look at, but continued speaking. "He is highly trained in combat and definitely knows how to use a gun well. He took out two of our snipers in Northern New York with a handgun. Do not underestimate him, but try not to let the public know about Jackson's existence. A few of you will go in a small group to apprehend him, and you will not fail."

At that, Fury stormed out of the meeting room, leaving behind a group of heroes eager to save the day again. But Steve warned them to not underestimate Perseus, for HYDRA trains their subjects well. His mind was secured on his best friend while he said this, who now is in a medically induced coma in Wakanda, while his mental state gets sorted out.

——————

Here you go, I hoped you liked this chapter!

Love you all,

Roman Evander