V

Chapter 5 - Shadowing Percy Jackson

After visiting the lake at the nearby park where a few curious fish had swum up to the surface to whisper odd words to Percy, he decided to make a quick shopping trip because he currently only had three granola bars left to eat. He knew that it is risky to go somewhere so public after yesterday with the SHIELD agents, but he was hungry and sick of eating the same food over and over again.

Percy spotted a blond man staring at him out of the corner of his eye, but then a red headed female had walked up to the man from near Percy so he just assumed that he had become too paranoid. After getting several packets of ready-made microwaveable food, Percy headed to the back of the store to grab a cheap beer. He heard a mechanical whir as he opened the glass door of the see-through fridge and spun around to meet the eyes of Iron Man.

"Aren't you a little bit young to be buying beer?" Iron Man said.

"I'm old enough," Percy gruffly replied.

"Kid, you need to come with me," Tony warned him.

"The fuck? Why?" Percy tries to act clueless to his past.

"Language," Captain America said. Percy had seen these heroes on TV a few times. A green monster called The Hulk was also mentioned, and two assassins. Also a Norse god, all of them part of a group called the Avengers.

"Uh?" Percy made a noise of fake surprise at seeing the blond man and the redhead he had passed on the way into the grocery store. They were obviously the assassins, judging from their expressions and weapons. No jolly green giant yet.

"Our employer wants you arrested for murder, terrorism, and for a few other nasty charges that you had done while with HYDRA," the female assassain spoke. "Come peacefully with us or we will be forced to detain you."

Percy glances at all of their expressions before something behind them drew his attention. He looked intensely at it before his eyes widened and his mouth dropped open in a scream. The superheroes all turned to look and Percy struck.

He lashed out at Captain America and Iron Man with water tendrils that came from the bottled water a few glass cases down from him, pining their arms and legs. The water worked into the circuits of Tony's suit and shut it off temporarily while the water crept up to Steve's mouth and he was forced to take a gulp of air to avoid drowning.

Meanwhile, Percy was combating Natasha and Clint, but he had to throw or kick one of them out of the way to deal with the other since they were too skilled for him to land a knock-out blow or kill the both of them. When he had an opening, he dashed to the front of the store with Natasha on his heels. She managed to grab his shoulder right as he used his water teleportation and she travelled back to his apartment with him. She wasn't prepared for the odd way of traveling, so she briefly passed out. But that short amount of time was all Percy needed to gather his most important stuff into a backpack and hurriedly teleported away.

——————

I'm sorry that I haven't updated in forever, but hopefully this chapter makes up for it. I plan to update more chapters within a few days. I am sorry if this chapter seems rushed. Please vote and comment so can get some feedback on this story.

Love you all,

Roman Evander