IV

Chapter 4 - Shadowing Percy Jackson

"Go, Percy! Separate! Remember what I said," a woman with long brown hair and eyes filled with love said. She shifted a lump that was slung over her shoulder, it looked suspiciously like a goat from its furry, mud-colored behind.

Turning around, Perseus ran, regretting leaving the woman behind. Sweat poured down his small, young body, as he struggled to run up the hill in the dark night. He turned around, and a giant half bull, half man was charging straight at him. The razor-sharp horns atop his smelly head were aimed for Perseus' heart. Forcing his panicking body to stay still, at the last second he jumped out of the way, just barely missing the pungent beast.

But the bull-man didn't turn towards him this time, he turned to the brown haired woman. The woman was busy setting the goat-lump down in the grass at the top of the hill, and then retreating down the hill, trying to lure the bull-man away from Perseus.

"Run, Percy! I can't go any farther. Run!" She screamed as she was charged at. She tried to sidestep like Perseus did, but the bull-man shot his arm out to the side and grabbed her by the neck. A harsh shot of fear went through Perseus, immobilizing him as he watched the bull-man squeeze the woman until she burst into golden light, melting through the monster's fingers and turning to dust. Perseus howled in horror, feeling like his reason to live was ripped away from him. Everything hurt, but he could only watch as the dust burst into light and disappeared. He isn't adamantine anymore.

Bolting awake, Percy gasped, looking around the room wildly, half expecting to see the vile beast lurking in a corner. Seeing everything in order in his rundown apartment, he calmed down and decided to go to a park nearby with a small lake. Being around water always seemed so tranquil, and he desperately needed to get out of his stuffy apartment.

——————

If you can't tell, I used some of the conversation from the book Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. But most of it is my own summarization. Can you tell which part it is, what his dream/flashback was about?

Love you all,

Willow Hunter