Inkigai (END)

Yoongi

Ikigai (ee-kee-gayi)
A reason for you being/existence.
The reason you wake up everyday.

I ran out of the room, a trail of flower petals following me. I had a basket full of rose petals, peony petals, morning glory petals, practically every flower. I was spreading them around my house, skipping and spinning.

Taehyung was sitting on the couch, recording me with his phone.

I had drank a little too much after everyone left. Jungkookie left a bottle of moonshine and I wasn't very responsible. I could have sworn I only had two glasses, yet it was homemade from Jimin's friend Christa.

Either way, I was now running through the house, only wearing a crop top, shorts, and some fishnets I never knew I had. On my feet were sadly no shoes, causing my small toes to poke out of the fishnet.

"Doll, come here. You're gonna annoy the neighbors downstairs," Taehyung chuckles, patting his lap.

I drop the basket of petals and skip over to him, sitting on his lap, the black jeans itching at my slightly exposed thighs. I wrap my arms around his neck, nuzzling into him. He latches his hands behind my back, rubbing his thumbs down my skin.

"How are you so tipsy?"

I giggle, "I'm not as think as you drunk I am!"

He kisses my cheek, "Okay baby, whatever you say."

I begin to drift off, sliding into a dark abyss called sleep. I went limp, breathing slowly.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

I open my eyes to be met with a giant ray of sunshine seeping through my white curtains, adding pressure to the headache banging in my head. I groan, trying to move, failing miserably. I glance down to see Tae's long tan arms wrapped around my defined waist securely. I grin, drawing little circled on the back of his palms. I breathe out, a sudden feeling of relaxation washing over my body (though this headache made me want to kill myself).

"Morning Doll," a raspy voice whispered behind me.

"Hi Tae Tae."

He kisses the back of my neck, his small breaths tickling my skin. I cringe, shuffling under him. I lace my fingers with his, looking at our scars. I close my eyes again, trying my best not to fall asleep.

Taehyung unlaces our fingers, turning me around, "Yoongi, last night, before you fell asleep, I got a text. It was Jisoo. She...she wishes the best for us."

I grin, "I'm glad she finally got over you, she must really like that guy!"

He nods, kissing my nose. I stretch out, lifting my body out of the comfortable bed. I look out the window, an airplane flying above the buildings. I crawl out of bed, my bones aching. I glance at the glass of water and pill on the table, grabbing them. I down them quickly, trying my best not to choke on the pill.

I sit on the floor, "Hey Tae, I need to run to the store, do you need anything?"

He shrugs, "Can you get me some Ramune?"

"Sure."

I get up and pull a hoodie off my hooks, sliding into the oversized piece. I hide my head under the hood, the small cat ears bouncing with my steps. I leave the apartment, watching people clean up from the storm. My heart aches at the sight.

I see the small corner store, walking in. The bell jingles, signaling my presence. I find the items, taking my time to look around. I grab a box of Pocky and some fruit.