Chapter 4: Banishment

"Slaves, draw the stone, draw it up! Come on ... The Judgment of the Stone! Shoot the rope, shoot!" They all shouted, raising their arms and laughing. As ordered, the slaves pulled on a rope tied to the ground. The more they shout, the more they opened a hole in the ground from which came out a gigantic stone and two swords. The swords were gigantic, as large and powerful as the Skeksis, but the stone showed the experience of hundreds and hundreds of emperors having clashed.

In the middle of this rock, deep cuts, so that the stone looked like a giant hourglass. The two Skeksis grabbed the weapons, and in a shriek clashed them. They walked around the stone, looking straight in the eye, grumbling incomprehensible words, and certainly filthy things.

"The Chamberlain for Emperor!" Shouted almost all the Skeksis. " Chambellan must be the Emperor!" Skekung groaned an umpteenth time before pointing his sword at Chambellan, just up to his neck. "Now, you whimpering, worm!" He spat. He raised his weapon, and in a cry of rage, struck the stone with a strident noise. The Skeksis gasped, now carrying their roles of hypocrites on another. Skekung put his hand on his waist, pleased to hear the cheers and laughter. And especially pleased to see Skeksil disoriented and frightened. "Ah, he can not do better! The victory is yours, General!" The scientist said in his nasal voice.

But before giving in, the Chambellan raised his trembling hand, and in a howling of fear, pain, and power, struck the large stone of his great weapon as hard as he could. All were surprised to see the Chambellan refuse to leave. One of them let out a "Well struck, Chambellan!" While Skektek sneered, "This blow is not the one the victors have! At that moment, everyone turned to Skekung. He had in his eyes the flames of hell, rage and pestilence at the same time. His fists were clenched against his weapon, and the edge of his upper lip was rising, like an animal about to attack; and he was going to attack, "The General is furious!" Some shouted.

His gaze turned to the Stone, and he closed his eyes, shouting one last time, striking the Stone. At the powerful contact of his weapon, it broke, and part of the rock flew into the room, red. Skeksil opened wide frightened eyes, while Skekung turned to the voiceless audience, "Ahah... Me, the Emperor!" When he had said these words, everyone laughed, raising their arms and standing between them. Skekzok, the Ritual Master, lowered his head in front of the new Emperor, and went back to affirm his heavy voice "Now, by law, he must pay!"

The Chambellan dropped his weapon, trembling, while all those who still cheered him a few minutes before, approached him with the worst of smiles. A sadistic smile, a sinister smile. Skekung, laughing, pointed at him, and the other Skeksis rushed at the Chambellan, glued to the wall, to tear his clothes under horrible screams. Skeksil raised his head, imploring that this torture be stopped. A Skeksis without adornment was a useless Skeksis, good to throw... banned.

He did not want to leave, he was afraid, and all the Skeksis kept tearing at his shirt, taking off his rivers of diamonds, his gigantic red collar " Now let him go... The Chambellan is BANNISHED! Skekung shouted. All the Skeksis slowly backed away, pointing at him panting "Banned ... Banned!", Letting the naked body of Skeksis be traumatized, "And now, prostrate before me, Emperor! Skekung the Emperor shouted.