what's cooking in the kitchen (seokmin)

genre: humor(ish) + fluff
word count: 908
- synopsis: seokmin inadverdently implies that you look best in the kitchen after returning home from cracking a cold one with the boys + "you look really cute in that apron" + your "what are you suggesting, punk?"
↳  a/n: i don't think gender roles or double standards are a joke in any way so i hope this doesn't imply that i do because i get really mad when someone's ignorant about it hahahhsshjds alright uh ok anyways

genre: humor(ish) + fluffword count: 908- synopsis: seokmin inadverdently implies that you look best in the kitchen after returning home from cracking a cold one with the boys + "you look really cute in that apron" + your "what are you suggesting,...

"Oops!" You heard Seokmin blurt upon accidentally slamming the door from his return home from practice but you weren't startled at all since the music that accompanied you while you were preparing dinner was a bit loud.

No take out from a restaurant could quite quell your cravings so you decided to take matters into your own hands what with your endless myriad of recipes from your mother and other relatives. Seokmin greatly appreciated everything you made, all since he personally told you, but you decided to make his favorite dish for tonight.

You were in a good mood, humming and stepping precisely to the beat, as you braised the chicken wings in a sauce he adored and you wore the apron your mom got you for Christmas since your old one was stained.

"Honey, I'm home!" He exclaimed humorously, walking over to you after slipping shoes off into some slippers and shrugging off his duffle bag. You turned around with a grin that only increased at seeing his own: his sunshine smile made your day ten million times better.

"Hey, Seokmin," You crooned back, giving him a side hug since you were still mixing the sauces in the pot. "How was practice today?"

Instead of unwrapping himself from you, he moved behind you to give you a back hug, laying his chin on your shoulder. Seokmin hummed, seeing what you were doing, and clicked his tongue before sighing admirably.

"Y/N, you're seriously making my favorite meal in the whole wide world. This day couldn't get any better," he held you a little tighter and it made your heart flutter a bit as you visibly and audibly felt your impact upon him in such a positive matter.

"I love it when you're in the kitchen. Don't even know why you leave in the first place," he muttered against your hand and you stopped stirring at that. You thought you would've dropped it there — probably just a mistranslation or a misinterpretation in your head— but he continued. "And gosh, you look really cute in that apron of yours. I'd say it's your best look."

Seokmin even reached to rub his hands on your waist and you were so shocked that you began laughing.

"Are..." you turned off the stove and pulled away to directly look at him. "Are you serious?" You laughed incredulously.

The sweet boy merely grinned, joining you on the laughter.

"Yeah?" He raised an eyebrow, a bit confused as to what was the sudden issue. "Anyway, I'm going to go shower, baby, while you finish up making daddy his meal!" The fake-manly tone he added did nothing to lighten the mood, if that was his intention. His attempt at a cringe persona only fueled the flame of the situation.

The pause was what grabbed him, aside from you shaking your head with a disappointed, nothing short of incredulous,  smile as you held his hand and told him to sit down at the table.

"Hey, what?" He asked innocently.

You crossed your arms in front of him.

"You do realize what you just said, right?" He merely blinked at you, which threw you off since he was one of the most beautiful people ever to exist.

"I...yes?" Seokmin stuttered, with his expression beginning to scatter in confusion. "What? What did I do?"

"No, no, it's nothing you did, Seok. I gusss you didn't mean to but it's just that you kinda...misspoke?" It was you who malfunctioned in voicing what you meant. Lucky for you, the color in his eyes seemed to lighten, sobering in the connotations of his said words.

"Yikes, Y/N," he admitted, already blushing. "Forgot you were taking Woman's Studies as a course this semester."

You joined him in his chair, sliding your hand over his, still sighing at the lesson needing to be deepened.

"No, Seokmin, you shouldn't be mindful just because I'm taking the class. You have to be mindful always to all women regardless if they know what's up or not. Stereotypes are way too normalized and your mistake wasn't forgetting I took the class; it was realizing the stereotype of women's place in society."

His eyes widened the more you spoke and you had even caught him squeezing your fingers gently, catching his cognizant yet apologetic nod.

"I know you just meant to be joking, babe, but I just thought slash needed to remind you, if not make it known to you," he snickered shyly but smiled into your palm, as you cupped his cheek. "Besides, you already do a fantastic job respecting me, your mom, and mine. I love you."

Seokmin then gave you that wonderful smile of his, one that reached his eyes and touched the sun.

"Thank you..." he touched your wrist. "Thank you for helping me and correcting me, my love."

Your rather stern gape softened by the overwhelming cuteness that he radiated: his skin gleamed with a dull sheen of sweat from practice and the close proximity between you two.

"You're really cute, you know that, right?" You cooed and poked his face. "Go and shower so I can finish the food because I'm pretty sure it's cold now."

With that, he wallowed in your words before standing with you, kissing your cheek, tightening the knot of your apron, before scurrying off.

"Lee Seokmin!"

"I promise I love and respect women!" He cried as he shut the door to the bedroom.