pride and emphasis (minghao)

genre: angst, not necessarily sad but uh :(, dw fluff at the end
word count: 3361 😳🙂
- synopsis: college!au + you two have a huge argument + it's just minghao being a huge jerk sorry + minghao centric + insecurities + accidentally tells you that you and your major are easy  and pointless blah blah blah and that you're just a little kid and for some reason now, he's having the hardest time in the world trying to make it up to you
↳ plot is ripped more or less from a one shot i read one late night but i can't remember or conjure up the author or title but once i do i will give credit because shoot it was good
⇁ this made me cry a lot ???????? the babie really jumped out

genre: angst, not necessarily sad but uh :(, dw fluff at the endword count: 3361 😳🙂- synopsis: college!au + you two have a huge argument + it's just minghao being a huge jerk sorry + minghao centric + insecurities + accidentally tells you that y...

First things first, Minghao deserved nothing. Sure, not necessarily nothing, but he sure didn't deserve a whole standing ovation, a choir of cheers and whoops, the chants of his very own godforsaken name, applause upon applause, and he sure as hell didn't deserve your small smile, teetering onto paper thin, and your own always-offbeat clapping. As if last night hadn't even happened.

He wasn't expecting such acclaim since he had been competing against some of the best dancers he had me, yet the entire school had practically encouraged him and uplifted him the entire month since the event was planned. Everyone knew he was headed towards greatness, a dismal side of his mind retorted, burning him even further.

His tiny nods and bows were accompanied by a rather forced grin on his face, locking eyes with you at one point, as well, sparing you a glance before you looked away in a light he couldn't decipher.

The idea burned him, adding more weight to his chest because how had he even not considered your presence there was beyond him.

"Another congratulations to you, Xu Minghao! You can find your official award immediately following the ceremony, which will be taking place in the second wing auditorium."

And of course, as he had marched his way up front past the other dancers and bowed repeatedly, the familiar burn of disappointment bubbled in his chest since he knew you wouldn't make it. Of course, you certainly had much better things to do, and how could he expect you to make time out of your own hectic schedule, something he now sheepishly recognized, not to mention the fact that he had incited the fight between you the night before.

Just as he had even calculated a maneuver out of the attention everyone ogled on upon him to be able to talk to you, Minghao was crowded about by his friends and schoolmates, all the while you dissipated.

You two were a great couple, as some would point out to you in random intervals of the day and time you had been dating. Throughout the three years that you were both friends, with the one that you two spent dating, Minghao knew your character like the lines of his palm, that you liked to smile than even show a hint of your pain on your face and that talking through things, talking through emotions, was not your strong point. In fact, it was your weak point, one of your many weak points. You also managed your facade with cheerfulness, a mild joke constantly falling from your mouth — that was the way you dealt with things.