take off (wonwoo)

genre: fluff, microscopic angst
word count: 1472
- synopsis: wonwoo has been thinking of doing something new outside of your established routine but loves you too much to tell you + you catch onto it + very studious wonwoo + he's soOO playful and teasing + some crying but dw it's not out of sadness + very boyfriend wonwoo + surprises!
↳ i am falling hard for wonwoo ( ˃̣̣̥᷄-˂̣̣̥᷅ ) and also wrote this on a limb because i am supposed to be doing a research reading paper for psych but instead i did this hahahaha
➤ REQUEST, 6. "What's that behind your back?"
— for cchenleeeeee <3

Wonwoo's glasses reflected a blue from his laptop screen as he continued typing away when you went entered the kitchen

"Babe, you're still at it, after, what, four hours?" You questioned with a natural instinct to embrace him when he replied with a pout and a nod.

"Yeah, Professor Eugene Jung said he wanted complete proof we were doing our readings, so he's making us write a paper every few chapters." He sighed tiredly, pulling his fingers away from the keyboard and rubbing at his eyes from behind his glasses.

Wonwoo has sat there for hours already. Earlier, when you had checked on him, he was doing God knows what, even though, technically you knew what, as he had told you, while peppering kisses onto your hairline, "I'm literally writing a lab report about the minx dissection, baby." (Somehow, he had made that phrase sound really hot.)

You were skeptical because a part of you feared and acknowledged that perhaps he was browsing through the webpage of his dream university, as they had given him a scholarship. He currently did not attend and remained, suffering with you. The programs were amazing, you knew since you had looked through it yourself, but it played with you as the one time he had mentioned it, your body language had accidentally given him the idea that you didn't want that. A really tiny part of you didn't want that, either; you enjoyed the breaks between each of your classes where you hung out in the library to study, as well as make out now and then.

He attended some of the club meetings you were involved in and vice versa. He'd wait outside your classes sometimes and you would do the same just so you could walk together to study group sessions and the like. You had grown comfortable, all while completely overlooking Wonwoo's own happiness. The guilt hurt much more than the idea of attending different universities, but you knew how much he wanted to go.

He had mentioned it to you countless times throughout your entire relationship, including friendship and then dating. His eyes grew all sparkly somehow when he would talk about it and some of his old friends went there, too, so he was still in touch with them. The professors at your school weren't the best and definitely not what he needed. He had even investigated and reached out to some students, as well as professors, at his dream school; they were now on first name basis, i.e. his plethora of emails, meet-ups, and messages. You knew that was what he wanted and deserved, and of course, he never said anything because he loved you too much.