Pie

"Tell me, why should we date?" You raised an eyebrow at the guy next to you, turning your body his way slightly to show some interest but not too much. You were at a friend's wedding and because of the assigned seating arrangement, you were sitting at a table with people you didn't know. You thought your friend probably made a mistake in her seating plan, but you didn't mind. You didn't want to say anything about it because you would only be adding to her already big list of worries and she didn't deserve that, especially since you had caught a glimpse of her earlier and she looked way too stressed out already. Besides, the people you were seated with were good company. Especially Kylian, the guy you were talking to at the moment. The two of you had been chatting for a couple of hours now, which really surprised you. He had turned down his friends' offer to go and dance, wanting to keep talking to you instead. It had been a while since someone had shown so much interest in you. It was refreshing.

"Because we're attracted to each other?" Kylian said hesitatingly and it came across more like a question instead of a statement. It was like he didn't know what to answer to your question. You suppressed your smile and decided to continue to mess with him. It was very fun to see him flounder like that, especially because you had every intention of accepting his invitation to go on a date with him. You knew it was a little mean of you to tease him like that, but you couldn't help yourself.

"Well, I'm attracted to pie," You said, pointing towards the heavenly dessert in front of you with your spoon, an absolutely delicious piece of pie which you were slowly but surely devouring, "I don't feel the need to date pie, though." You didn't take your eyes away from the poor guy, who looked taken aback. Kylian opened and closed his mouth in bewilderment and it was clear he hadn't expected an answer like this.

"I'm sorry, I thought-," Kylian started apologising, most likely thinking that he had offended you in one way or another and you knew it was time to stop messing with him before he genuinely regretted asking you out. As much as you liked playing a little, harmless prank on people, you didn't actually want to screw this up.

"Dude, I'm messing with you. I'd love to go on a date with you, honestly." You assured him, gently smiling at him and laying your hand on top of his to make sure he knew you were being serious this time. He was really fun to talk to and seemed like an absolute sweetheart. He was a little younger than you, but you didn't mind the age difference. He seemed like a mature guy who was genuinely interested in you. It was hard to come across guys like that these days.

"Really? I seriously thought I had somehow offended you or something." Kylian smiled, obviously relieved, and it was like butterflies started flying around in your stomach. He had such a lovely smile and you almost couldn't believe he was interested in taking you out. You didn't know exactly what you did to meet a guy like this but you sure were grateful for it.

"Of course. I mean, you're a lovely guy. I think a lot of girls would be lucky to have you." You said, squeezing his hand one more time before taking it away from his and instead moving it to his phone and tapping it with your finger to draw his attention to it, "Can I?"

"Oh, yeah, sure." Kylian said, scrambling to unlock his phone so you could put your number in it. You smiled in amusement at his eagerness and punched your number in when he handed his phone to you, secretly wondering how much the guy earned when you saw it. It must have been really expensive. It certainly looked that way.

"Call me when you're free and we'll go catch a movie or something. Doesn't need to be anything too fancy." You said, saving yourself as a contact in his phone and then giving it back to him, biting your lip gently when his fingers brushed against yours.

"Are you sure? I can afford a nice dinner, if that's what you're wondering." Kylian asked you, his eyes following your movements as you stood up from your chair and grabbed your jacket, putting it on before bending down to pick up your purse from the ground. You decided it was time to take your leave. You didn't want him to somehow grow bored of you before you even had your first date. Plus, it was getting late and you had to work in the morning.

"Yeah, I'm sure." You giggled, adjusting the collar of your jacket as you considered your next move, before mentally shrugging and deciding to go ahead with it. You walked behind him, making him shift as he expected you to turn up on his other side, but you instead paused at his back and gently brushed your hand on his shoulder as you bent over to say something in his ear.

"And a little tip, I'm a sucker for those cheesy moves guys typically make during a movie. Just so you know."