Chapter 1: Ties That Binds

Javi opens his eyes then blinks several times when he realized that he was in a truck. How did I...oh wait! He thought when he remembered he was ambushed by these assholes accusing him of taking their gas. Then he let slip that there were more, so they took him back to the little building in the junkyard, calling out his people.

His family.

Kate, Mari and Gabe.

He did his best to protect them, by knocking out one of their men, as they hid but he was greeted with a pistol whip to the face from the leader of the assholes.

Javi gasped as he looks down and sees his hands were tied up with zip ties. He struggles against his restraints when he looks over at the driver.
"Hey--my family. Where are they?" He asked. "What did you do with my family?"

The last thing he knew was that they were hiding under the building, he prayed that these assholes didn't find them and that they were still safe.

The man doesn't reply and Javi just glares at him. "Just do us both a favor, and pretend you're still asleep." The man ordered him. "I wouldn't start talking if I were you. You're lucky we do things a certain way. I'm already tempted to put a bullet in your brain for what you did to Lonnie back there."

Javi continues to stare at him, not saying a word just so he won't get this man angry. "We still got a haul ahead of us and I'm not about to listen to y--what the hell?" The man said just as a tree starts to fall. "Stop. Stop!" Javi shouts at the man. "Ah shit!" The man exclaims as the tree lands right in front of him and he steers the truck right into the ditch.

Javi shakes his head and sees a gun on the dashboard in front of him. He looks over to see the man was knocked out, grabs the gun and gets out of the truck. The man wakes up as well then scrambles out of the truck and begins to run.

Javi chases after him then raised his gun. "Hey!" He shouts and the man stops, turns then raised his hand. How can I shoot a man when he's unarmed? Javi thought as he rolls his eyes and lowers his gun. The man smirks and runs away.

Javi sighs when he felt something on his back. He turns his head just in time to see a blade of a sword on his shoulder. "Fuck...." he mutters as he faces forward. "Yeah, all right..." then he drops his gun. "That's good. Just keep looking forward." A voice ordered. "Please. I just...I need help." He pleads as he turns his head slightly to his left.

"Well, that's obvious. The way your friend there ran off. I don't think he's likely to come back and save you." The voice said. He heard footsteps and he turns just to see a figure bend down and pick up the gun.

The figure stands up, revealing it to be a girl with short (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes, she didn't look that old...at least thirteen or fourteen years old. She was holding a sword in her right hand, pointed right at him, and there was a gun holster, with a gun inside, wrapped around her left leg. "Okay. Now, don't do anything stupid. 'Cause I'm not a nice as you. I won't hesitate." She warned.

She moves her sword away from him and sheaths it in the holster that was strapped to her back and walks away.
"You're a kid...." Javi said in disbelief as she goes to the truck. "Wait. Did you do that? With the tree?" He asked her. "I was trying to stop the truck." She replied as she jumps down into the ditch and looks at the truck.

"Shit. He's gonna kill me." She mutters as she gets inside the truck and looks around the inside. "What do you need the truck for?" Javi asked the girl. "To drive." She replied, casually, after she found an apple and takes a bite out of it. "Put your hands up and close your eyes." She ordered as she walks back to him.

"Look, I'm the victim here." Javi pleads. "We're all victims." She snapped at him. "Oh so it's okay for you to rob me." said Javi, angrily, as she gets behind him and digs in his backpack. "This is payment. For saving you. You're just lucky it's me that saved you." She said. "Why's that?" Javi asked. "'Cause my friend wouldn't have been so nice as I have been. He probably would've shot you where you stood....or left you." She replied as she pulls out a candy bar.