Chapter 13: New Plan

You and the guys checked every entrance and determined that they were safe and went back upstairs and into a room to see Javi, Kate and Eleanor in the room while Eleanor was attending to a woman, who was visibly upset about the loss of her family.

David turns to Eleanor and said. "She's one of my people, Eleanor. What's going on with her?" Eleanor walks up to him and said. "She'll be all right. She's not bitten or anything. She lost her daughter out there." 

"After what just happened? She's pretty damn lucky to be alive." Javi said. "She just lost her entire family, Javi." David remarked. 

"Give her some privacy. It's the least we can do." Eleanor told them. "I want to help you." Kate said to her. Eleanor looks at her for a moment and said. "Okay, well..."

Then the woman stands up and aims her gun at Javi. "We're all fucking dead because of you!" She screams.

"Hey....easy. We're--"

"You blew a hole in our wall! Got my little girl killed! Richmond was fine until your stupid ass showed up!" The woman shouts, angrily. "Easy, Fern..." David said to her calmly. 

"We're dead fucking meat, David! Might as well take out this asshole while I can!" She said.

"Fern..." David said, calmly.

"Shut up!" She screams.

"I didn't mean for this to happen! I'm so sorry about your daughter." Javi said, apologetically. "You can apologize to her face in just a second!" Fern said. "Stand down. That's an order." David ordered until Kate got in between the gun and Javi. "Kate, no!" Javi shouts.

"Fern. This is all because of me. I caused the explosion. I killed your daughter. Please....forgive me. It's my fault." Kate said to her. "This won't bring your daughter back." Javi said.
Fern stands there for a moment, shaking, then lowers her arm just as David grabs her arm then the gun and shoves his hand in her elbow, breaking her arm.

"Holy shit!"

"What the fuck!"

"Oh, my God!"

"Oh, My God! Dad!" Gabe exclaimed in horror as Fern falls back and cries in pain. "You're welcome, Javi." David said as he tosses the gun away. "Thank you! You saved my life." Javi said to him.

"She was just a scared woman, David!" Kate growled at him. "It's done. Get over it." David said just as Fern starts to scoot over to the gun but David lifts his gun and aims it at her. "Nooo!" Gabe shouts as he grabs his dad but David shoves him away, knocking him down.

"David!" Javi shouts.

"Gabe! Oh my God, I'm sorry! That was an accident!" David said as he holds his arms up. "You were going to kill her!" Gabe exclaimed in anger.
"She was going for her gun!" David shouts. "Look at her!" Gabe yells and David looks over at the woman.

"Gabe--"

"She can't even stand up! What the hell is wrong with you?!" Gabe asked, angrily. "He was just being safe, Gabe." Javi told him. "That doesn't mean she has to die! That isn't the answer for everything!" Gabe shouts and David frowns. "Gabe....I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to do that to you....You know that." He said as he walks over to his son and kneels down while Gabe was moving away from him.

David looks around at everyone and noticed all of you were giving him scared and worried looks. "Why the hell are you all looking at me that way?" He asked as he stands up. "They're just....they're just scared, David." Javi replied.

"Of what?! I'm protecting them!" David shouts. "Then why are you pointing a gun at us?!" Kate asked him. David looks down at the gun and frowns. "So I'm all alone?" He asked and all of you still stare at him. He looks down, closes his eyes and grits his teeth. Then he look back up and starts to walk out. "Fine, then. You people are on your own." He said as he shuts the door behind him.