Chapter 5: A New Friend

The next morning, Tripp walks out and raises his arms to stop Eleanor from driving any further. "Great. What now?" Eleanor asked as Tripp walks up to the window. "I've got some bad news." He said. "So, what's going on?" Javi asked him as he gets out of the car. "Well, we got a bunch of cars clogging the underpass. Too many to drive through. We're gonna need to move some of 'em outta the way." Tripp said as he gestures to the cars while you, Clem and Gabe get out of the car.

"Hey. I'm coming, too." Gabe said to Javi. "I'll stay with Kate and keep lookout." Eleanor said, still sitting in the car. "Yell at us if anything happens." Javi told her and she nods at him.

"Awfully convenient the pass is blocked like this." Tripp said, suspiciously. "Not convenient at all if you ask me." Conrad said as a couple of walkers come up. They turn just in time to see Clem kick the knee of one walker, knocking it down, then stabbed it in the head while you pull your sword out and stabbed another in the face. You and Clem smile at each other while the others look at you two impressed, especially Gabe who was staring at you in awe and admiration.

"If we move that car right there we should be good." Javi said as he points at one car. "C'mon, let's get to work and clear it out." He said and everyone splits to look for something to move the car. Javi goes up to door and pulls it open to see a truck with a winch in front of it when a walker pops out. He shoves it against the wall and stomps on its head. He noticed that the walker had a wrench and he grabs it then used it the winch release.

But unfortunately the winch still needs power. Javi decided he will look around in a moment after he pulls the cable out and latches it on the car they need to move. He goes over to Tripp and talks to him for a moment, which lead to Tripp asking Javi to look after Conrad since he's worried about him.

Javi nods then goes over to see Gabe looking around. "Saw you, Clement and (y/n) talking back there." Javi said, referring to the night before.
"Yeah....we were talking. They seem pretty cool." Gabe said, shrugging. "I also saw you staring at (y/n), moments ago." Javi said. "So?" Gabe said, folding his arms across his chest. Javi gives him a knowing look and Gabe glares at him. "Shut up." He said as he turns around and Javi chuckles while he looks around some more until he found some jumper cables and takes them.

He sees you two were a few feet away from everyone else so he goes to check on you two to see that you two looked a little bothered. "What's up?" He asked you two. "It's complicated." Clem replied, flatly. Javi gives you two a concern look until Clem speaks again. "We had a...a friend. He had a wife....a son....he was really protective. Having people is nice, but it always ends up hurting in the end. Never think otherwise." Javi nods at you two then he goes over and works on the winch by connecting the jumper cables to Tripp's van then to the winch. 

"Here goes nothing." Javi said as all of you gather and he pushes the button and it comes on. "Hey, there we go." Javi said as it pulls the car away. "I think we're set." Javi said to Eleanor.
"We good?" Eleanor asked. "Be ready to move once the wreck is clear, we should be right behind you." Javi replied. "Will do." She said but as the car clears the way, some walkers come up from under the underpass then a few more come behind you guys. 

"Get the walkers!" Tripp orders and everyone starts to shoot the walkers as Javi goes over and kills the walkers that were surrounding Eleanor and Kate. You come up next to Javi and help him take some walker down by shooting them. "Eleanor, now! Go go go!" Javi shouts. "Just drive! Get her to Richmond! We're right behind you!" And Eleanor steps on the gas and takes off. 

"They're through! Let's go!" Javi shouts and he goes to shoot a walker coming up to Conrad but he was out of bullets. He tosses it aside and knocks the walker down. The walker gets up but Tripp shoots it. "Thanks." Javi said as Gabe helps him to his feet. "Shit! The van!" He shouts as the car they move hits the van. "We got bigger problems here!" Tripp shouts.