Chapter 4: Prescott Fallen

Clem pulls up to Prescott and once he stopped, Javi gets out and runs towards the gate. "You're back." Tripp said as Javi runs in. "How's Kate? Is she...." Javi asked. "Just came out of surgery--Eleanor's still with her." Tripp said as he moves aside and Javi could see Eleanor working on Kate, who was laying on a cot. "You best get over to the infirmary." Tripp said and Javi runs over to Kate.

"You made it back." Eleanor said while Javi kneels down next to Kate. Javi frowns then takes Kate's hand in his and held onto it. "She asked for you, you know." said Eleanor. "I got here as soon as I could. Those guys didn't go down without a fight--and then--Marianna...." Javi stops as he closed his eyes.

"I managed to stabilize her. Those bastards did her one favor at least--any lower and that bullet would have torn her stomach lining as well. Your boy Gabe....he seems really fierce. He wanted to help so badly, he practically forced me to let him stay." replied Eleanor and Javi smiles. "That's Gabe." He said. "But she was bleeding so much, he...got overwhelmed." Eleanor informed.

"So when's she gonna be up on her feet again?" Javi asked her. "She's stable, for now....but she's still bleeding inside. I don't want to lie to you. It's probably just a matter of time. I....I wish I could do more." Eleanor replied, honestly. "Thanks for trying. And for not sugarcoating it." Javi said. "Wish I had something better to tell you, but...I'm sorry, Javi." Eleanor said. She sighs then said. "I'm going to get cleaned up. You may want to fund Gabe. He looked pretty upset when he left." 

"This isn't going to make him feel any better." Javi said as he gestures towards Kate. "Still." She said as she frowns at him. "I'll track him down." Javi said and he begins to walk around to look for Gabe. 

He spoke to Tripp for a but to let him know Kate's condition and Tripp scolded him for not coming with him but Javi told him he couldn't leave you and Clem by yourselves. Tripp told him that you two could handle yourselves, his family were needing help. But he told Javi, if needed be, him and his family were welcome to stay at Prescott. Javi told him he'll talk to Kate and see what she thinks once she wakes up, Tripp understood.

Javi walks up to Conrad, who told him that Gabe went outside the front gate. Javi goes out and sees Gabe repeatedly stabbing a dead walker. "I wanna go back and bury Marianna." Gabe told him as Javi walks up to him. "We buried her. It was peaceful." Javi told him. "How could it have been peaceful?" Gabe asked, angrily.

"I know how much you miss her, Gabe--I miss her, too." Javi said as he kneels down next to him. "And Kate....she needed me during surgery, she needed my help! I just ran away, like a stupid little kid!" Gabe shouts, angrily, as he stands up and walks away. "If I'd been there, I probably would've run, too. Especially after watching what Marianna went through....I don't blame you for not being able to handle it." Javi said as he stands up.

"I shouldn't have run." Gabe mutters as he turns to face his uncle. "No matter how hard it was being there. I'm done feeling this way. Feeling....powerless. I can't be some helpless little boy anymore---I need to be a man. Just like my dad was. He knew how men were supposed to act."

"You're already a man, Gabe." Javi assured. "I'm not--but at least I know it now. Next time, I'm not gonna sit back and watch. I'm gonna do something. I have to." Gabe said, firmly. "Listen, Gabe..." Javi started to say but stops when he hears something. He turns around and saw headlights were heading this way.

"Shit..." He mutters.

"Get inside! Now!" Tripp shouts and Javi and Gabe run inside.

"We might have to leave. Make sure Kate's ready." Javi said to Gabe once they make it inside. "You can count on me." Gabe said and he runs over to Kate while Javi grabs a gun and goes to the tower with you, Clem, Tripp and Conrad.