turmoil (req)

I sigh as I walk into the SM building, letting the heavy doors close themselves behind me. My shoes click loudly as I walk down a lonely tiled hallway, making my way towards the practice room Johnny had previously messaged me to meet him and the rest of 127 at. I take my phone out of my pocket to check those messages one more time as I approach practice room 9, making sure I'm where I'm supposed to be. Sure enough, my memory was right and I mentally prepare myself to enter as I remind myself of the warning Johnny sent me in his last message before I left the house; "The choreographer is in a bad mood today, try to leave him alone as much as you can." Simple enough.

I turn the cold, slate gray doorknob to the room and carefully push open the door, peeking my head into the room and smiling upon seeing my boyfriend Johnny and the rest of 127 practicing on the last of the choreography for their upcoming single. I quietly walk inside and choose a spot on one of the beige walls to sit against as I fidget with my phone, waiting for the boys to end practice. Before I know it, the song is over. I quickly shove my phone back in my pocket, and stand up. Seeing Johnny excitedly shuffling his way through the room to greet me fills me with such a sense of joy, I can't help but smile wide and put my arms out for a hug from him.

I soon regret offering my hug so unexpectedly. "Johnny, ohmygosh, you smell kinda...bad" I grimaced, turning my head as far away as I can from the smelly boy. "I don't care," he giggles, "I'm gonna hug you for as long as I want" He squeezes me a bit harder and for a bit longer, forcing me to smell his smelly smell for even longer...Lord, help me. "Johnny! Are you hearing me?" The deep voice of the instructor startles both John and I, completely changing the mood from romantic to something more serious. The boy quickly let's go of me to face his choreographer. "No sir, I'm sorry. What was that, again?" Johnny politely asks, eliciting an eye roll and a scoff from the teacher. "I said, everyone get to the changing rooms. Now." The tone in his voice is enough to make anyone obey his word. "Yes sir, sorry." John jogs his way towards a white door in the opposite side of the room, leaving me alone in the practice room with the man who talked with such a harsh attitude to him prior.

"So, you're Johnny's lover, huh?" my head shoots up towards him, and I nod quickly. God, why is he talking to me? I just hope the boys come back soon..."Well, I guess that explains why the hell you're here." The stocky man crosses his arms and stares at me dead in the face, "In my opinion, though, just because you fancy Johnny doesn't give you any right to walk in and interrupt my damn class!" What is he talking about? No one barely even noticed that I came in! I open my mouth to rebut him, but he snaps at me before I even get the chance. "These boys have an important comeback coming up; you think that just because one of them is in relations with you, means you get to distract them, and drag them down?" He barked. "Sir, I'm really sorry you feel that way but-" I mutter, hoping that apologizing will just make this berating stop. The boys start entering the practice room again, but the instructor doesn't seem to realize, and he just keeps insulting me for reasons unjustifiable. "Oh, you're sorry I feel that way? I'm sorry you feel like you're just as or even more important than the career of these boys! Johnny must feel so bugged, knowing his pathetic little significant other has to be connected to him by hip 24/7!" That one stung. The fact that he raised his voice as loud as he could, only made it worse.

"What is going on here, Teach? We heard you yelling." Taeyong strides towards the choreographer, as the rest of 127 stay towards the opposite side of the room, chatting with themselves in a hush. "Oh, nothing much. Frankly, I just feel insulted that this annoyance feels like she can come in and distract you while I'm teaching, whenever she wants!" I can do nothing but stand there in shock, frozen in place. Staring at the ground cowardly. I don't know what to do, I'm too scared to try and defend myself. "Annoyance?" Jaehyun and Johnny simultaneously blurt out in offense. "Yeah, I said what I said. You've got important events coming up! A comeback, music shows, concerts, award shows! I can't have someone like her entering my class all willy nilly, getting in the way of your hard work! There's no time for that! She needs to leave!" The more he talks about it, the redder his face gets, and the more tense the atmosphere in the room gets, as if one wrong move could result in turmoil. Johnny power walks angrily towards him with his fists clenched, Mark following only a couple of feet behind. "Sir, this is my girlfriend. I asked her to come here. She's not trying to interrupt anything, or trying to sabotage our careers...We're all friends with her here, so if you could just cool your head and calm down, that'd be great." I can tell Johnny's trying his best to be respectful and not to snap at him. "Excuses, excuses! If you're not gonna ask her to go, I'll make her get out of here myself!" The instructor stomps towards me and I yelp when he grabs my wrist, forcibly pulling me towards the exit doors in a rushed pace. "WOAH WOAH WOAH, what in the hell are you doing?" Yuta yells. "Get your fucking hands off of her!" Johnny explodes with defensive rage, grabbing the teachers hand and ripping away his grasp on me. I fall to the ground, landing straight on my bottom; when I look up, back to the instructor and Johnny, Johnny is landing a punch straight in his face. I can do nothing but stare with my mouth agape in disbelief of what I've just seen. As the rest of 127 pulls the two men apart, Taeyong comes from behind me and gently pulls me to my feet, softly reassuring me that everything's gonna be okay.

It's been a couple days since that incident now, and I'm reflecting on it with a heart heavy with guilt yet again. Johnny's currently out having a meeting about the ordeal while I'm sitting on our living room couch, anxiously fidgeting with my phone case. I feel like I'm thinking myself to death in this silent, lonely apartment. The door opens behind me and I turn myself around as fast as I can, resting my arms on the back of the couch, watching closely as Johnny enters our home, looking for any body language indicating bad news. "Hey honey, you feeling alright?" Johnny hangs his jacket up next to our door. "What happened? Is everything okay?" I ask, panic evident in my voice. Johnny gently places his hand on my cheek, rubbing it soothingly, "We were able to pull some strings behind his back, and now he's fired. We're going to start working with a new choreographer starting next week. For now, we're just going to practice what we know. Everything's fine, sweetheart. Don't worry." I sigh with relief, I feel as if a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. "The things I do for you." Johnny chuckles, leaning in to give me a small, reassuring smooch.