7 PM

Johnny and I approach the bridge and I feel the dread in my stomach become increasingly stronger, knowing that my house is only a couple blocks away from where we are now. "Hey," Johnny whispers, "Let's take a minute to just...look out over the bridge. It'll be pretty", I whisper a small "okay", making eye contact with him. There's a unmistakable melancholy behind them, noticeable even when he's smiling. Neither one of us want to leave each other's side. Once we approach the railing of the bridge I wrap my hands around the cool metal bars, taking in the scenery. The dark grey river, the leaves of the trees starting to adorn their autumn colors, the crisp wind rustling them, making them shake just enough for some of them to fall into the river and be rushed away to who knows where. Then I take a look next to me, I take a look at Johnny. The sunset makes his eyes the most beautiful honey brown color and it paints his skin and dark chocolate brown hair with a soft peachy orange tint. I take in how his upper lip is a bit more plump than the bottom, I take in the mole on his cheek, I take in the small scars near his chin. Everything about him is so beautiful, it takes my breath away. He catches me staring and smirks charmingly. "Is everything okay, babe?" He tenderly rests his hand on top of mine as I nod with a sad smile, "I don't blame you for wanting to stare, I'm a babe. I know it," Johnny chuckles and poses dramatically with a finger gun resting on the bottom of his chin. "You're right...Maybe, just maybe, I was staring just a little bit," I admit with a giggle. Johnny grins a gummy smile and pulls me in front of him, wrapping his arms around my waist in a comforting back hug. We stand there like that for just a little while, in a comfortable silence, closely knit together while just staring into the river. "I don't wanna go home," I blurt, tightening my grip on the railing bar. "I know baby, but you gotta. I'm sorry" Johnny gives me a small sympathetic squeeze. "I don't wanna leave you, Johnny. I don't want this night to end, I don't wanna go home, I want to be with you all the time, I don't want you to leave," I feel tears starting to well up, my chest feels constricted and my chin starts quivering. Johnny relocates his grip onto my shoulders and gently turns me to face him, looking me straight in the eyes. "Listen to me, okay? We're gonna see each other again soon, I promise. I'm always going to love you, through thick and thin. No matter what. No matter how much work school throws your way, no matter how much work wants to keep me busy, you're always going to be the only one for me. You're always going to be on my mind, from the moment I wake up to the moment I fall asleep. You mean so much to me, you are insanely important to me. Never ever forget that. I'll see you soon, and I'll always love you. Always." Johnny consoled, and that's when I threw myself at him, wrapped my arms around him, and just let myself bawl. It was a good three minutes of me sobbing and Johnny stroking the back of my head repeatedly telling me it'll be okay before I finally was stable enough for me to pull back and get myself together just a little. "I'm sorry babe," I wiped away a runoff tear, "I totally ruined your hoodie, just look at that," Johnny shrugs carelessly, "It's no big deal, sweetpea" Johnny grabs my hand and squeezes it tightly. "Let's take you home now, okay?" Johnny tilts his head and I grin and nod slowly. Him and I make our way to my house, leaving the concrete bridge cold and lonely once again.