09 - Promise To Breathe

Rose

A duffel bag and a shoulder bag along with that teddy is all I packed. Most of the space was occupied by my medicines and prescriptions but it was not like I owned a lot of belongings apart from my 'I have nothing in my wardrobe' clothes which Hades asked me not to carry.

I went back to my living room where Hades was uncomfortably seated on my almost broken couch.

No doubt the place looked small in comparison to him but at least he had stopped giving me those looks clearly saying 'I can't believe you lived here.'

I sighed and went to the charging point to remove my antique phone from charging but what can one say it's all I can afford.

"Are we.."

Hades was cut by a knock on the door. The only person I was expecting right now was Asher and my guts weren't wrong, standing at the door was Asher beaming at me.

"Rosie!"

He engulfed me in his bear hug and I loved it. His aftershave always made me feel safe.

"But not as much as Hades' smell.", my subconscious mind commented. I was forced to agree with her. Even after two years, I couldn't feel as safe with anyone as Hades can make me feel.

For Asher he is like the brother I could never have and leaving him behind broke my broken heart. Soon my oxygen supply was being cut due to his strong arms wrapped around my petite body.

"You are suffocating her.", came a voice from behind me which was completely irritating. My poor ex, can't ever come to terms with some other male hugging me be it a gay. He is too frustrating at times.

Asher let go of me and gave his deadly glare to Hades. But Hades was not a bit scared. Rather he saw the scene unfold while keeping his cool facade on.

"What is he doing here?", Asher asked seriously while looking in my eyes. He definitely didn't like Hades' presence.

"Come in first, Asher.", I said softly while looking down. I always hated it when someone eyed me with rage within their eyes. It always scared me even if I knew that the anger was not directed towards me.

Asher obediently listened to me and entered the tiny apartment. The presence of two well built men made my house look even smaller.

"She is coming with me.", Hades said with an arrogant smirk of victory. Maybe he was even doing a victory dance in his thick yet gorgeous head.

I waited for Asher's immediate outburst but when nothing came out of his mouth I looked towards him.

Suddenly he started laughing. Neither a bitter nor a fake laugh, a true laughter erupted from his mouth as he wiped the tears forming at the corner of his eyes.

"You are joking. Right?"Asher said in between his laughter and turned his head towards me. But when he looked at my serious face all his laughter died out at once.

"You can't be serious Rose.", Asher looked shocked.

I sighed, such a slow poke.

"How? When? What about your trea....", before he could say anything more I put my hand on his mouth and dragged his heavy body to my bedroom.

I could see Hades making his way towards us.

"Private talk.", I simply stated before closing the door at his face. Maybe that was a bit rude. But never mind.

I was swiftly turned by a gentle arm making me face a man who really needed his answers.

"Explain.", Asher simply stated as he and I sat down on the folding bed.