17 - Drunk Talks

Rose

"Mio fiore."

My heart stopped beating at that moment. His eyes shone with unshed tears. He looked at me as if he was trying to read me. His hand was bleeding and I could see a few pieces of glass piercing through his skin.

I need to help him. My legs worked automatically as I rushed to his lavish bathroom to find a first aid kit. I soon found one near the sink.

I rushed back to the room to see him facing towards the window. The blood looked like a black tar falling on the floor painting the pool of vicious pain.

I went to him as he turned and gave me a genuine smile. He looked at me from head to toe but it didn't make me feel disgusted. His glaze somehow made me feel protected.

"Sit down on the bed Hades, let me bandage you. Your hand is bleeding badly.", I said to him.

No reply, he just stood there watching me like a hawk with a stupid smile. I sighed. Then I tried to move him. But note the word tried because he didn't even move an inch. What does this man eat?

"Same as you.", my subconscious mind said. How can I forget she needs to comment on everything.

Guess I need to bandage him while standing.

I noticed a tiny wooden stool that had fallen down. I replaced it and placed the first aid kit on it.

Then I started aiding his hand. Once I was done aiding his hand I looked up at him as he looked down at me while grinning ear to ear. What is wrong with him?

"He is drunk.", my subconscious mind said with a sassy attitude. Thanks for the new found information SM!

"What?", I asked him as I could feel a blush creeping up my cheeks seeing his toothy grin. The way his hair shone in the moonlight, he looked young and beyond perfect. As if Adonis was standing in front of me.

I felt his fingers sliding below my chin as he gently lifted my face. His eyes held too many emotions at that moment. I felt like getting lost in those oceanic blue eyes.

"Do you care about me?", he asked this question with sincerity.

Do I care about him? This was no question. For how much time we were together, he was my only family. At least for that sake, I still cared for him.

"Yes.", I said truthfully. I don't know what compelled me at that moment but I wanted to say the truth.

His eyes shined so bright that that brightness could put the sun at shame. He opened the window.

"Listen you stupid world, my wife cares for me.", he shouted in the dark sky disturbing the birds. Whoever should have heard him at that moment must have thought of him as a madman. He looked so happy at that moment that I didn't correct him by telling him that I was no more his wife. I didn't want to commit the sin of wiping that flawless smile off his face.

"Why did you drink so much?"I asked him. I expected a stupid answer.

"You only were the one who always said that a vulnerable man is the best man as he only says the truth.", he blurted out. My heart fluttered at thinking that he still remembered that.

"You still remember it.", I asked him in shock. But I couldn't help the smile that spread on my face.

"I have forgotten nothing about my love. The reason I drank today was because I wanted to be truthful to you.", he said with utter honesty.

I felt like skipping a bit. His face was so close to me that I could breathe in his alcoholic breath. I need to change the topic real quick.

"Hades this room is a mess, lets go to my room.", I offered him. Homerun!