21 - Not Lunatic

Third Person POV

Rose cautiously walked down the flight of stairs as a thought lingered in her mind. Her mind was not capable of registering it that she was trying to move on.

Was it right for her to give Hades another chance? Was it right to give herself a chance. Why was life so cruel to her? She didn't know if she deserved this chance. A part of her felt as if she was cheating on Hades by not telling him the truth. How could he not realize that this was not the same Rose. Her Rose had wilted a long time ago.

Could her life become better? It was then only that a rare bittersweet memory of her childhood entered her mind.

A six year old girl in tattered cloth got down the dirty and broken staircase of her orphanage. She was very young but she was prudent for her age.

"What do you mean you won't adopt Rose?"

A short temperamental woman screeched at the young woman.

"My financial conditions won't allow me.", the young woman nearly yelled.

The heart of the young woman broke as she thought she couldn't adopt her Rosie.

"Fine, if you have no plan to adopt her then don't ever show your face back at the orphanage.", the short woman stated while pinching the bridge of her nose.

The young woman gasped as the thought of never seeing her Rose again.

"You can't do this!", the young woman yelled as now she couldn't control herself. The idea sounded too cruel.

"Well I am the owner of this orphanage so I can definitely do this.", the short woman snapped. Her temperament is taking the better of her.

She was a kind of woman who just wanted to get rid of the children in her orphanage by any means. She was way to blind to see the young woman and Rose's bond.

"Out now." the short woman said in a put out tone.

The young woman sighed as she left the room.

As soon as she came out she found Rose standing at the door. She had tears in her eyes as she had heard everything.

"Lily won't take Rose with her?", Rose asked in a broken tone.

Lily's heart broke looking at Rose like that. She didn't know what to say but she knew she had to give a justification to her.

"Let's go outside and talk. Is it fine Rose.", Lily asked Rose as she picked up Rose in her arms.

They both walked in the garden that was in a bad condition but still that garden brought peace to Rose' heart.

"Rose, my husband is very ill.", Lily said while slowly placing Rose down while cherishing this moment as it would be the last time she would be able to see Rose.

"So.", the young girl asked curiously.

"A lot of money is going to go in his surgery so we can't afford to have you right now baby.", Lily softly explained to the girl.

Rose shook her head.

"I won't ask for anything.", Rose begged, which broke Lily's heart. She felt as if she was committing a sin by not taking the baby girl with her. Taking her out of this hell. This pure soul deserved so much more.

Lily bent down to her level. Rose gently wiped out the traitor tears that were rolling down her cheek.

"Don't cry.", Rose croaked.