chapter seven

It was tense, quiet, and Calum forgot why he even let Michael in his house when they both agreed to go to a library. Maybe it was because Michael was in need to blow some steam, or maybe because he himself had some frustration to release, but it didn't matter in the end, at least not to him.

"You hickey got me in trouble." Michael muttered and Calum looked up at him.

"Are you sure it isn't your attitude?" He asked as he began sketching random lines on his paper.

Michael faked a laugh at his jab. "I had a twenty minute lecture in safe sex, and an even longer one about you."

Calum scoffed. "What isn't my fucking fault these days?"

Michael rose an eyebrow at him before shoving his hand into a bag of chips. "What's your damage?"

"Oh, don't act like you give a shit." He told him as he set his pencil down and ran his hands through his hair. "We need a topic."

"Homophobia."

Calum let out a cold chuckle. "Great. Just fucking great. Now, I have to bring my sexuality to our classmates too? Why not walk into a fucking church and shout that I like cock too! Real fantastic idea."

He stood up and then made his way to his kitchen, immediately grabbing his kettle and filling it up with water. He rubbed his temples and then sighed, realizing maybe he shouldn't he blown up on him.

"What's your problem?" Michael asked him and he places the pot on to his stove before turning it on.

"You don't care."

"Clearly, I do. I wouldn't ask just to be nice; I don't care about you enough to." Michael told him and he nodded as he took a deep breath. "It effects our work, and I need this grade so you can't scree it up for me."

"I'm just..." He struggled to find the words to say. "I'm tired, okay? I'm sick of being reminded that all I am is my sexuality."

Michael cocked his head to the side and Calum laughed bitterly. "My parents hate me. One of my best friends 'doesn't agree with my lifestyle'. You want to tie our-our orientation into a project that's harder than it should be. I just don't... I'm tired. I'm not just gay but it's all people see."

"I get it." Michael told him as he tapped his fingers on the counter. "I do."

"I don't think you do." He mumbled before grabbing a teabag from a glass container by his stove. "Want some tea?"

"No, I like my coffee more than leaf water, thanks." He turned him down and Calum crossed his arms as Michael approached him.

"All people see me as is a troublemaker." He told him, as if his own confession would be good enough consultation. "I don't try to be, but no one but Luke cares enough to get past it."

"Difference is I don't portray myself as just gay. You're the embodiment of -"

"- Listen, Hood," Michael's tone made a one-eighty turn. "- I'm being nice and trying. If you don't want me to, just tell me and I'll just go sit down and let you deal with it yourself. I don't have to try and comfort you."

"I knew you didn't care." Calum ran his tongue over his teeth. "Don't act like you do."

"You think I care enough to pretend to like you?" Michael mused as the kettle began to whistle. "I'm not an asshole. I was genuinely trying."

"Don't lie to me." He hummed as he began to pour himself a mug. "I don't care, Michael, okay? We aren't even friends. You bust my lip and make me bleed, and I give you orgasms. It doesn't matter."

"What did your parents say when they saw it? Your lip, I meant." He asked and Calum felt his heart jump in his chest as hands grabbed on his hips. "Were they mad?"

"You think they looked at me long enough to notice it?" He laughed and then looked at the other boy as he began unbuckling his belt. "What are you doing?"

"I think it's rather obvious."

"Why are you doing that?" He pushed as Michael leaned down to kiss his neck. "I didn't think we were going to fool around after what happened in school."

He gasped as his hand grabbed him through his uniform pants, the palm pressing hard against him. Blood was rushing, and Calum felt himself grow hard under his touch. "We aren't. And you think I'm mad over a petty argument? I just like watching your oh-so perfect composure fall apart, it's so fun."

"You're a dick." Calum threaded his fingers through his hair as he felt teeth scrape against his skin. "What are we doing of we aren't fooling around?"

"I mean, are you that much of a virgin that you can't tell?" Michael asked and popped open the button of his plaid pants before unzipping them.

Michael's free hand slid up his polo shirt and he took a deep breath as his cold fingers met his hot skin. "You're a whore." Calum accused as he grabbed the sink behind him to stable himself. "Aren't you?"

Michael's lips were trailing down south, pressed tightly against his shirt and making their way lower towards it's lifted hem and his opened pants. He pulled the fabric down his thighs, and green eyes looked up at him, dark with need. "You don't mind me taking, do you?"

He chuckled half-heartedly. "You already started. Does it matter?"

"I suppose not." He decided, but before he could dip his fingers underneath the waistband of his briefs to pull them down, Michael's phone was ringing in his pocket.

He furrowed his eyebrows and then reached behind him to check who it was, and immediately his eyes were widening. "I uh need to take this."

"Perfect." Calum breathed out as he nodded towards the living. "Go ahead."

Michael walked out of the kitchen and Calum ran a hand over his face before pulling his pants up and tucking himself in. He buckled his belt back up before reaching for his much, the steam less abundant and the water a tolerable heat.

It's just his luck for someone important to call right as he actually began enjoying himself.

He couldn't quite hear Michael's voice, but the man had no inside voice so there were phrases he could catch. Somethings about not being home and being a teenager, but he honestly didn't care. He had two different directions planned — a cold shower, or a blow job. With the way Michael sounded, he wouldn't be surprised if he stayed and they roughed each other up a little like before.

Or maybe he'd leave. Calum knows that he himself likes to leave when he's frustrated.

He took another drink of his tea before deciding to investigate, and on his way he found Michael shoving his things into his bag. "Leaving?" He asked and Michael nodded.

"He's a fucking bitch."

"Who?"

"No one important."

Michael approached him after throwing his bag over his shoulder, a hand grabbing the back of his bed before forcing him to press their lips together. It motion was unsuspected, and it took Calum by surprise as he felt his stomach twist and flitter.

"You can take care of yourself, right?" He whispered and Calum nodded. "Good."

"I lived before you came into my life Michael." He reminded him and the boy shook his head.

"You know life's been more exciting with me in it." He retorted and Calum rolled his eyes as he watched him leave.

He hates that he's right.