Chapter 8

It's one thing to see Tess through Dayn's eyes, who is a mentionable bit bigger than her. It's another to have a woman twice your size throw open the door on the second knock. "Lisbeth, come see who lover boy dragged in!", the she-giant hollered over her shoulder, then her red eyes snapped forward to meet mine, "He's been treatin' ya alright? Dayn means well, he's jes' a lil' rough around the edges - he's usually real good with the Omegas- lord tell me he's been usin' his manners-" Tess flies through words a mile a minute, and I can't help but grin a little.

Dayn interrupts from in front of me with a smirk, "Tess, I believe you're describing yourself."

"Oh shut up Dayn, we can't all be Mr. Gentle Gentlemen", she retorts as a small, elegant, and dangerous looking woman shows up at her side. She has white hair in a short bob that made her purple eyes striking.

She - Lisbeth, I guess - smiled and leaned into her mate, and opened her mouth, "Quiet down Tess, don't scare him off before I get a chance to say hi." Focusing her gaze on me, she greeted warmly, "Hi there! My name is Lisbeth, it's wonderful to meet you. Sorry about Tess, she means well, just a little rough around the edges - she's usually good with the Omegas, but I hope she's been using her manners." Tess balks and I have to laugh - a genuine happy laugh. It really does feel like a family. Lisbeth interrupts my thinking, and prods, "have you got a name?"

Quietly, I step a bit forward and to the side, out from Dayn's shadow, and answer, "My name's Joshua Rane. It's nice to meet you both." Dayn returns my squeeze from earlier, gently reassuring me with his presence.

"That's a lovely name", Lisbeth smiles and tilts her head up to Tess. Lisbeth chides, "Are you going to invite them in, or are you gonna stand here projecting onto poor Dayn all day?" She looks back at Dayn again and sighs in an overdramatic, ironic way, "That would be a shame, because Luke made Lunch - he and Blake are incredibly eager to meet you. Luke's the other male Omega, I thought you might like to meet him."

I freeze momentarily, scanning my new memories, and hesitant about the prospect of that many people, but quickly remember that Luke is that first omega Dayn ever saved, and is really close with both him and Tess. Though Blake... Blake is even bigger than Tess, and the only Alpha in the pack even close to as big as Dayn. Blake is also a former rogue and, in the softest words possible, one scary motherfucker. Then again, it's not like he isn't grateful that Dayn saved his mate and it's not like he could get through Dayn anyway. Speaking of Dayn, I can feel anger coming through our bond, and he snaps, "Do you REALIZE how scary TWO alphas-"

Quickly, I give his hand another gentle squeeze and reassure him, "It's ok. They wouldn't be here if they weren't good, trustworthy friends. They're anxious to meet a new member of the family - I would be too." Dayn relaxes, and I feel it in myself too. Lisbeth and Tess smile at me, and part for Lisbeth to lead us in while Tess holds the door. Lisbeth leads Dayn, who leads me down a cozy wooden hallway that empties into a rustic-looking living room with a kitchen partially tucked away behind an opening. A wavy blonde head pops out from behind the opening, his orange eyes alight.

"Welcome!" he beams, radiating waves of energy and happiness. He steps into the opening, and his tall, lanky frame doesn't fill the opening, until an even taller, well muscled arm reaches around his waist and a huge figure steps behind him, just half a head taller but clearly more than double the size. The muscular man's hair is buzzed short, and he's wearing a tight-fitting army green athletic shirt. His eyes are Orange, just like the lanky man in a loose T-Shirt with a happy looking creature on it - Luke, I recall, which must make the muscular man Blake. Blake gives me a warm nod, and welcomes me like family he hasn't seen in a while. Blake doesn't have the same radiation of energy, he seems more silent, like the flip side of Luke, who continues talking excitedly.