CHAPTER 3

The sun was starting to set once Rei had returned back to the village. She opened the door to a neatly furnished cottage, with a small couch, a coffee table, and a kitchen with the dining table. She really looked forward to a cup of hot tea and a good book. She needed it to get that vampire off her mind.

  As she was brewing her tea, a face suddenly plastered itself into the window in front of her. It was no other than Darren's. She nearly screamed and jolted when she saw it.
  "what are you doing?! You're supposed to be gone from Here! Shoo! " she whispered hastily.
  "but I just got here, " Darren grinned.  "You would be rude to refuse a guest, you know"
  "stop following me! "
  "never." That grin was still all over his smug face.
  "I'll call the guards on you! " she warned.
  "that won't be such a wise decision... They're all going to be asleep." he reasoned calmly.
  She let out a groan. "Fine, you can stay for a while. But you better go back home once I tell you to! " she growled.
  Darren casually walked in, scanning his surroundings. "Nice home. " he commented.
  "Don't get too comfortable. " she growled. Oh boy, this was going to be a long night.
  Darren plopped down on the couch. "It's very cosy" he began to close his eyes and doze off, when he felt a pair of hands on his legs, and then he was on the floor.
  "you're not staying here!" was that fear in her voice?  "They'll find you!"
  "awwh, you care about me"
  " I'm talking about myself, idiot! They'll accuse me of siding with a flea like you! " she growled.
  Darren sat up. "and what's so wrong with that? "
  Rei paused. He had a point. why was it wrong to just invite a vampire over?  Then again, they were enemies, but maybe they weren't so bad.
  "oh fine" she snorted and rolled her eyes. "but only for this night. "