CHAPTER 4

"Wake up"
  Rei squinted, her eyes adjusting to the darkness. A black figure kneeled by her bed, arms nudging her gently.
  "who.. " Rei started, then recognised the voice. "Darren it's 3 in the morning.. " she groaned, tossing the covers back over her head, only to have it pulled down by Darren
  "No wait! It's important! " he begged.
  "it better be, you pesky blood sucker" she got up, grumbling under her breath.
  "I was wondering.. If you wanted to go out on a walk. With me. " Darren said, avoiding eye contact and looking away.
  "Well since you woke me up I don't think it'll be worth going back to sleep, " she shrugged.
  He immediately grabbed her wrists and led her out into the woods, beyond the village. "Darren not too fast-!" she yelped as he half dragged, half ran to a small clearing in the woods.
  She huffed and pushed her hair out of her face. "next time, warn me before you do anything like that. " she growled and looked away.
  Darren chuckled. The half moon was the only light source the woods provided, giving off an eerie white glow. "Rei," he turned her towards him, and raised her chin so she could look at him. Rei immediately began to feel uncomfortable.
  "I... I don't know how to start." he sighed. "I feel a connection that I didn't have with the other vampires. Or werewolves. "
  Rei gasped. "oh no. No, No,no, this is all happening too fast... "
  "wait just listen! " Darren stood in front of her, and held her hand. He sounded desperate, so desperate it made Rei want to stay. "I like you! You're pretty! And you're not like the werewolves! Y-you accept me! " he blurted.
  "I'm a guard! I can't date a werewolf! " she panicked.
  "just... Just let me do this. " he suddenly leant forward and kisses her. On the lips.
  Rei just pulled away. "no! " she cried out, her heart aching. "this is too fast! Just leave me alone! "
  And with that, she ran back to the village, leaving behind Darren, who was staring sadly after her.