CHAPTER 6

The full moon rose slowly, high up in the sky.
  Rei had moved into her den during dusk. Now, she swiftly moved out of her den, restless during the night. The moonlight struck Rei's fur, making her pelt look silvery gray.
  She sniffed the air, deciding to go for a hunt. That's when she saw Lightning and Lightnings new friend, Crag, and her wolf instincts turned on. She carefully stalked towards them, not making a sound.
  "hey, do you scent that? There's someone near. " Lightning froze and turned her head to look around.
  "I don't see anyo-" Crag began when Rei pounced out from the shadows, attacking Crag fiercely and dealing blow by blow. Lightning howled in surprise and dodged, then fastened her jaws around Reis tail and snarled, trying to drag her off.
  Rei just used her hind legs to kick Lightning, then turned to nip again at her flank. Fur flied everywhere as Crags claws gripped onto Reis body and pulled a tuft of fur out, causing Rei to snarl and writhe.
  Before the flight could worsen, Melissa, the Kingdom's second in command, the only other guard which didn't sleep on the job, pulled both of them apart. "stop! Control your inner wolf!" she growled.
  Lightning stared in shock. "she attacked first!! Did you see what she did?! " her ear was torn up and she had torn out fur everywhere.
  Rei shrugged. "I guess I was a bit too rough. I'm sorry. "
  "you were rabid. " Lightning gaped at Reis audacity to admit she was just a bit too rough.
  Melissa shook her head. "you're lucky I came just in time. Now stop fighting and go do something else. Like hunting. "
  Rei just bounded off to hunt, just as Melissa had instructed. At least her energy had been spent, and she could finally sleep in her den later without being so restless.