○ Becoming a Couple ○

|S h e r l o c k |

   You had known Sherlock for a few years, and thought you knew almost everything to know about him. That was until he seemed to avoid you for a whatever reason. He went quiet when he would notice you, and stared like you didn't belong. You confronted John and Mrs. Hudson, but they believed it was just Sherlock being Sherlock. 
    You left it be for a week, but the tension built each time you saw him. Your emotions and worries bottled up, till you exploded at the door of his flat.

"Why are you avoiding me?!" Your voice broke, tears threating to pour over. Sherlock  just stared. You screamed in frustration. "Did I do something wrong? I'm sorry! Please. I just want you to talk to me! I want my friend back."
"That's just it." He said, folding his hands under his chin. "There is the problem. Friend."
"W-what?" Tears fell down your face in fear of what might happen.
"See, what I thought at the moment of meeting you was that you had a small chance of earning the title of friend. But you took me by surprise and became one of them. But I am not satsified with you being merely a friend." His eyes were glued to mine, showing no emotion. "My mind is stuck on you, if that is how to describe it. I need to figure out what exactly will satisfy me with your position in my life." You were speechless. You didn't understand what he was asking of you. He sighed.
"I am saying that I would like to try something with you."
"Try what?"
"Being romantically involved with each other." He looked at you, hoping he was doing it properly.
You laughed sheepily, trying to ignore the blush growing on your face. He couldn't be serious. Turns out he was.

| J o h n |

   Knowing John, he was very much a ladies' man. He was very bold in expressing how he feels. You watched him go through many girlfriends, each relationship ending badly. After another break-up, you went over to see how he was doing. Surprisingly, he seemed okay.  He acted like it hadn't happened. When you brought it up, he tried to shake off the question.

"John." You said sternly. He look up, a small smile threating to shine through. "You just broke up. We should talk about it."
"What's to talk about?" He stared. You sighed, trying to think of something. "John, we need to talk about this." He focused on his coffee and said quietly,
"What do you want to know?"
"Well...Why did you break-up?"
"[Y/N]." John paused. "Just standard break-up things."
"Like?"
He took a frustrated sigh.  You waited, but no answer came. You both stared into each other's eyes for what seemed like hours. Either wanted to break first. As your gaze became more unfriendly, John finally said,
"She knew I wasn't really interested."
"Oh." Was all you could come up with. You wondered how to ask the next question. "If...you weren't interested, why date her?" The words came out slowly, watching his reaction carefully. John swallowed hard and smiled his uncomfortable smile. "It was a stupid jest, but I wanted to get the person I was into...to notice me."
You allowed the silence to take over. He allowed it as well, seeming to think hard over something. He opened his mouth and closed it. Then he tried again.
"[Y/N]. It is you."
"What?"
"I am into you. I dated her hoping to grab your attention."
You blushed, unsure how to react.

| M y c r o f t |

  You never imagined Mycroft would ever find interest in you, or anyone to be honest. He struggled with emotion and social interactions constantly. You tried your hardest to befriend the icy man, and one way was by having a cup of tea with him.
   You had suggested it only once, and he was quite hestiant. Claiming he had important matters, but in the end he showed up. You both chatted of simple matters, slowly warming up to learn about each other. You couldn't read if he had enjoyed it, but apparently so. He soon recommended every once in a while. Then it became daily.  And when expressing your gratitude about it, he seemed amused.