ch 1; at the library

•••

Ginny turned the page of her book. It was an old novel she used to read and likes to reread it again. She read as she bite her red apple. Weekends are her favourites where she would spend her alone time with herself on a tree near the lake of the school.

After finishing her first apple, she went for another one and using her hand, she searched for it inside her pocket of her jacket. Not realising, her apple fell out of the pocket. Then, she heard a quiet "Ow."

She looked beneath her and sees a blond-haired boy rubbing his head. She knew right away who that is.

"Did it hit you?" She asked and the boy looked up. "You think?" It was Draco. Ginny glared at him and sneered "I was going to say sorry, but it was just you, Malfoy."

"Yeah, thanks for letting me know." He stood up and brushed off the grass off his robes. "And please, Weasley. Even the house elves know how to eat properly." And he walked away, leaving a confused Ginny. She started to touch her face and a few crumbs was on it. She quickly rub it off and felt how embarrassed she was about it. Stupid Malfoy.

Ginny hopped and landed safely on the ground with her precious book. After looking at her watch, she decided to head for the library as its not lunchtime yet. It was the weekend after all, so she has plentyful of time. On her way to the library, she met Hermione, Ron, her brother, and her crush, the Harry Potter.

"Hello, Ginny. Wanna hang out with us?" Hermione asked her while smiling. Ginny returned the smile and thought for a moment. Then, Harry spoke up "We are going to meet Hagrid, and maybe grab lunch after that." Ginny chewed her inside cheeks. Getting to spend some time with Harry isn't that bad of the idea. "That sounds great. Sure." She said and agreed to follow them, while Ron stared at the novel she was holding to her chest. "You're reading that again? I thought you said the ending sucks."

"Doesn't mean that I hate the story." Ginny said. "At least I spend my time reading books. What do you do?" Ron put up his hands in defense and quickly mutterd "Fine then. No need to be all mad at me about it." Ginny grinned. They all then headed to Hagrid's hut.

"Oh hey there, Harry! And to ya friends too." Hagrid said cheerfully while waving at them. He was watering the plants at his little garden which has a bunch of random flowers, vegetables and fruits too. "Hello, Hagrid. We're just dropping by to say hello." Harry said after he, Ron, Hermione and Ginny took their seat on the bench outside the hut near the the garden.

"How are you, Hagrid?"

Hermione asked while grinning. She'd always feel comfortable around her teacher. Hagrid turned to look at her and grinned as well. "I'm feeling great, my dear. Thank you for asking." Then his eyes moved from Hermione to the young redhead girl next to her. "Oh I remember you. The youngest of Weasley family, Ginny Weasley."

Ginny smiled widely at Hagrid. His eyes then caught the title of the novel Ginny was reading. "I know that story. The novel that you're holding." He pointed at the book Ginny was holding.

"Oh. I've read it twice now." Ginny explained. "Seems you really liked the story, do you? I find it not the best, though." Ron looked at Hagrid in disbelief. "I know, right Hagrid? I told her that but she doesn't even bother."

Ginny glared at Ron and went back to look at Hagrid. "But why? I think its fine like other love stories out there. Was it because of the ending?" She asked. "Yes, of course! That poor boy. He hoped for the girl to be his and yet he was the one broken in the end by that same girl." Hagrid explained shortly, while handing the kids a mug of hot chocolate, which they gladly took it, and joined them by taking a seat on another bench.