ch 5; perfect dress

Times have passed and there was now a week left for the school ball in Hogwarts. Ginny haven't accomplished anything yet, as in accomplish at asking Harry to the ball and at finding the perfect dress for the ball. It was Friday, by the way, and Ginny was in the Gryffindor dormitories infront of the fireplace. "Gin?"

Ginny glaced at the voice that called her. It was Harry. He walked slowly and sat down next to her. "What are you staying up for?" It was a good question, as Ginny should be in bed now because its past midnight. "I couldn't sleep. How about you, Harry?" She looked at him. Before, she would feel flutters in her stomach when looking at him, being with him and talking with him. But at that moment, she din't feel anything.

Maybe she was just becoming more brave to talk to him, or that she was now more comfortable around him. Thats what she assumed. But still, the empty feelings towards Harry bothered Ginny in a different way. "Same answer. Couldn't seem to shut my eyes." Ginny went back to stare at the burning fire. They were sitting in awkward silence, which is for Ginny, its awkward already.

"So, Gin. Tomorrow we're going to buy our outfit for the ball. Wanna come with us? Luna and Neville will also be joining us." Harry told Ginny. She would love to go with him, but she already planned to go with Draco tomorrow too. "Um.. actually, Harry." Ginny bit her lip nervously. What am I going to say?.. "Its okay, Gin. Think about it first, okay? You can tell me later." Ginny sighed and smiled at him. Harry smiled too and was about to get up and leave when Ginny grabbed him to stay.

"Can I ask you something, Harry?" She said, looking him in the eyes. "Sure, Gin. Ask away." Ginny fiddled with her fingers as she was nervous and scared, but she would have to ask anyway. Here goes nothing.

"Do you have a date for the ball yet?" She finally asked. The question surprised Harry abit but he was able to answer her. "Not yet, exactly. Do you?"

"No. Not yet." She answered.

"Thats.. thats good, Ginny. I.. actually was going to ask you if.." Harry started. Ginny waited for him to finish his sentence and looked at him. "If.. what?"

"If you would go to the ball.. with me? Please..?" Ginny started to grin at him and nodded excitedly. "Yes, Harry. I would go to the ball with you." Harry sighed in relief and grinned as well. "Thats great. Cool." He said and widened his eyes suddenly whenGinny went to kiss him on his cheeks. "Goodnight, Harry." Ginny said and left him, both of them blushing.

Ginny lay on her bed and was still thinking about what she did. Still, she felt empty inside. Like.. it wasn't meant to happen. She's afraid to say it. But its like..

Like I don't like him anymore.

Maybe she was wrong, because she was tired. She closed her eyes to fall asleep so thatit would be abit easy to wake up for school the next few hours.

"Ginny, wake up!" She storred in her sleep, but still asleep. Hermione sighed and tried again for what seem like the hundreth time. "Ginevra Weasley, wake up now."

"Its Saturday, Hermione." She grumbled.

"Yes and we're supposed to find our outfit for the ball today. Haven't Harry told you yet?" Hermione said. Ginny opened her eyes under her pillow. I'm supposed to look for my dress today with Draco. She forgot to told Harry if she wants to come or not. So now she would have to give excuse to Hermione that she couldn't follow them.