ch 2; the deal

Ginny widened her eyes in disbelief at Draco. "How do you know about that? Who told you?"

Draco chuckled and a smirk was back on his face. "So it is true. I have my ways." Ginny muttered some curses under her breath. Then, an idea struck her mind. "How about you then? Do you still like Hermione, though?" That question startled Draco for some reason. He nearly smudged his ink on his paper and looked at her, shocked. "What the.. Why would I- whaattt?"

Ginny giggled at his reaction. Bingo. "It was a random question that came in mind but I din't think it could be true." Again, she continued to giggle.

"I din't say anything, Weasley. Bold of you to think that I would actually like a mudblood like her, let alone love her. Eww gross." Draco snapped, but his cheeks was still red from Ginny's question. "You din't say anything, true. But your face does. Is Draco Malfoy blushing? This is a such great story I could tell her-"

"Don't! Please don't I beg you, Weasley." Draco quickly said before Ginny could finish her sentence. "And what would you do in return?" Now its her turn to smirk. This is getting interesting.

"I'll help you with your essay." He said, in hope that she would agree with the deal. "I think thats not quite enough yet." Draco looked at her, frustrated. "What more do you want, Weasley? Do you want Potterboy that badly?" Ginny lit up at his words. "You can help me with that?"

"Why do you think- I don't even know him that much. How can I help you to get him?" Draco was confused. "At least you know what a guy likes." Draco stopped to think about the deal they were about to make. "But it isn't fair. Then you have to help me and get Granger to like me back." Ginny thought as well for a moment while tapping her chin.

"Sounds like a deal to me." She took out her hand to him, which Draco took it and shook their hands in agreement. In his mind, he surely know what he has got into, with a Weasley nonetheless. Now he just need to face everything that comes to his life, even rejection, if he's that ready. "Now, please help me with this essay."

"Fine. Give that to me." Ginny handed him her paper for him to read. She felt nervous for having her enemy to read her not-so-good essay.

"First of all, your choice is terrible. Second of all, maybe I can fix it." Ginny soon lit up at his last sentence. "But its abit difficult, per say." Draco scanned the paper again and again, which made Ginny feel nervous again.

"Should I change the topic? I should, should I." She said, nervously played with her own fingers. "You should."

The two then started on Ginny's essay and finishing it until it is time for dinner, which Ginny felt glad and relief as her work is done and also tired at the same time. She took a look at her finishing work once again, amazed at it. "Woah, I-"

"I know right. Thats what I call perfection at its finest." Draco said smugly at her and feeling proud at himself. He then started to put all his stuff into his bag and so did Ginny. "So, about the deal.." She began. "When should we start? You know..-"

"My my, eager, aren't you." Draco smirked at her while standing up to leave. "We should meet up again. Say, by the lake this Friday?" Ginny nodded. "Sure. Thats great." And they both went for the exit and to seperate ways, where they both headed for their own dormitories.

After Ginny had put her bags in her dorm, she went back outside to the Great Hall for dinner. How she's been starving after staying half of the day in the library with her essay. Thinking back about the deal, now she's not sure where it will take her and how it would end. She just hope that nobody'll get hurt, especially herself, in the end. She also hoped that it would work out. Ginny has been crushing on Harry since she first met him.

"There you are, Ginny. You were kinda the only one late for dinner." Hermione greeted Ginny as she was taking the empty seat next to her and infront of Harry. "I was finishing my homework at the library." She then said nothing because she was too hungry to say anything more. Ginny went straight to stuffing her face with food to fill up her empty stomach.

"Hey guys, take a look at Malfoy." Ron pointed at the entrance of the hall where the blond arrived. "Whats the matter?" Harry asked, confused. "He looks happy for some reason. Which is weird, by the way." Hermione guessed, which is true. Ginny turned her head to look at Draco. "I think it the end of the world-"

"Oh quit it, Ronald. Don't be such a drama queen." Ginny giggled at Hermione and Ron after she was done chewing her chicken. "Something must've happened to his liking that caused him to feel that happy." Harry suggested and sipped on his orange juice while Ginny just continued to giggle. He looked at Ginny weirdly. "Are you alright, Ginny?"

She shook her head and continued with her meal. She was reminded about the deal she made with the said Slytherin. Of course he would feel excited if he's getting his crush to like him back. "Nothing, Harry. I'm glad I've finished my Potions essay."

"Already?" Hermione asked suddenly, surprised. Ginny proudly grinned at her friends and giggled. "I had help, by the way." She added. "See, Ron, Harry? Be like Ginny." Hermione said, which Ron and Harry immediately obeyed. "Yes, ma'am." The two girls laughed out loud at the boys, who were staring at them dumbfounded.

The next day after school, Ginny was walking, no, she was rather skipping, down the hallway with a wide smile plastered on her face and holding a scroll, of her Potions essay on it, which she got an excellent, by the Professor Snape himself. She was satisfied with it plus happy because it was her first time getting that good on an essay in Potions.

After making a turn, she accidently bumped into something hard and result her in sprawling on the floor. And that something is actually a someone. A grunt was heard from both of them, who was on the floor. "Weasley." Ginny rubbed her butt and looked up at the figure before her. "Malfoy." She got up, as well as Draco, and brushed off the dust from themselves.

"You need to watch where you're going, Weasley. Nobody wants to get bumped into you Weaslette, especially me." Draco sneered at Ginny. "Sheesh, I'm sorry. It was an accident."

"Whatever. What are you so happy about? What, finally got a kissed from Potter or something?" He asked when he noticed the cheerful face Ginny has on. The redhead blushed lightly, thinking it would be a dream come true if it really did happen, but shook her head. "I got excellent on my essay." She said, waving the scroll in Draco's face, who backed away a small step to avoid the waving before him.

"See? I knew my idea was amazing." Draco said with a smug and smirked at himself. "Of course, Malfoy. Anyway, thank you. For helping me." Draco looked at Ginny, who was looking at him. Ginny smiled sweetly at him and started to walk pass him. Draco didn't know how, but somehow seeing the ginger's smile had made his stomach flutter with butterflies. Also how sincerely her 'thank you' towards him had been. Maybe it was because noone else have been sincere to him enough. Maybe he was just overreacting.

But he suddenly felt like seeing her smile to him again.

Okay, you're thinking nonsense now, Draco! Remember, you only have eyes for Granger! Keep that in mind.

But could she accept a person like him? Will she like him back? Will she like him, who have been insulting her, hurting her, hating her and her friends? Could she?

Draco could only hope.

---
i should update my main books.. but u know what? i dun care anymore. peace.