ch 4; heartbreak and confrontation

Ginny stared at Hermione who've been pacing back and forth in the dorm for half an hour now. She was panicking, which is her first time doing so. "What should I do, Ginny?" She asked. "And for the hundreth time, Hermione, you need to calm down." It was two days after Hermione had received the letter.

"I cannot calm down, Ginny. I don't know how to at this moment." Hermione said again and sat beside Ginny on the bed. Apparently Draco, the secret admirer of Hermione, had asked her to meet him at the school tower where mails are kept there. The place is often deserted, as of noone would be there at some point except to check out for mails or send letters to someone's mailbox.

It was 5 in the evening and Hermione got about half an hour to get ready and go meet her secret admirer. "You have to, Hermione. I remember you were a brave person before. Of course you can face this, can't you?" Ginny said to give courage to her friend. "I know I know. Its just.. what if I have to reject him? I don't want to hurt his feelings, Ginny."

"Who are you hoping for, Hermione? For real." Ginny asked her, curious as to who the person she might be interested in. "I don't.. like anybody. I just hope he's not from Slytherin, thats all. That would be a dissapointment."

Ginny fell to silence at the statement Hermione gave her. "Anyway, I should probably go now. Wish me luck, Ginny." The redhead could only smile and nodded at her. After Hermione left, Ginny quickly followed her abit closely from behind. After a few turns and going up a few staircase, she has finally arrived at where the meeting place Draco has told Hermione to go.

The redhead waited behind a wall and peeked at the two who was talking. She tried to eavesdrop at their conversation but couldn't hear them properly because the sound of the wind disturbed her hearing. But after minutes have passed, she heard footsteps coming near her. Before she could hide or run away, Draco walked pass her. He saw her and came to a halt.

"Draco, I-"

"Forget it, Ginny." He responded and ran away, with tears in his eyes. Ginny went to Hermione who was scowling after meeting Draco. "Ginny, oh thank Merlin you're here! Do you want to know who's my secret admirer?" Hermione said, couldn't wait to tell Ginny the who person is.

"Who was it?" Ginny asked, pretending she din't know any of it. "Draco Malfoy." Ginny faked a gasp. Her eyes widen and mouth gaped. "Seriously? Him?" She said in disbelief. "I know right?! That horrible git likes me. Ugh! So disgusting. I don't even care if I hurt his feelings."

But I do care. Thought Ginny.

"What did you say to him?" She asked Hermione, curious to know.

"I told him that nobody would like a git like him and that he does not deserve people to love him. You know, after what he had done to everyone." Hermione explained and Ginny cursed at herself.

Oh Merlin.. He must be hurting now.

"That is actually a right thing to say, Hermione. I guess, well done then. Um, sorry but I have to go now. I just remembered that I have something to settle." Ginny turned around and left a dumbfounded Hermione alone at the tower. She was running as fast as she could, searching for Draco Malfoy. She went to the male restroom, every classrooms in the school and even by the lake that they would meet. But there was no sign of him anywhere.

Ginny started wandering in hope that maybe she would find him somewhere in the school grounds. After alot of walking, she then came to a stop. She was at the end of the hallway and one of the place that have less people to walk there as it leads to no where. She stopped in her tracks when she saw a blond-haired boy standing while looking outside at the sun that was setting.

Draco stared at the sunset view before him. He felt alittle tired after having to cry because of heartbreak. Yes, Draco Malfoy, the infamous git in Hogwarts, the one people always assumed have no feelings and the bad guy in school, was feeling heartbroken. His heart shattered to pieces at what Hermione said to him.

"Really, Malfoy? You'd think that I would not reject you? You'd think that I would like you back? Oh please, I would never fall for a git like you. Nobody in this school, no, in this world would like a horrible git like you. A person like you don't deserve people to love you. At all."

Draco fought the urge to just scream right there and cry himself out. He began to think that all the words Hermione told him was true. That he's a git and nobody would love him after all. "Draco." He looked back, startled. When he saw that it was Ginny, he turned back around, avoiding her gaze and went back to stare outside. "Leave me alone, Ginny." He said but Ginny kept walking until she was next to him.

"I'm sorry, Draco. I should've told you earlier. Prevent you from this mess or something." She said carefully to him. Silence fell upon them. Then Draco spoke, "I don't care, she's right anyway. I don't deserve people loving me. Love is pathetic." Ginny looked at Draco. She felt pity towards him and just wished she could do anything to make him feel better. "Its not pathetic, Draco. People just haven't seen the real side of you. The good side of you. Then people would learn to love you. Be kind and gain their trust. Like how you are towards me." She explained. Draco looked at her after what she said.

"It doesn't matter anymore, Ginny. I've lost hope in this romance path. But thanks, anyway." He smiled but just alittle. "I guess your job is done now. I have yet to finish mine for your part of the deal. Any news?"

Ginny chuckled. "He was jealous, I'd say that. But thats all.." Then an idea came to Draco's mind. "You should try asking him to the ball."

"The ball?"

"Yes, the ball."

"What ball? Am I missing out something here?" Ginny made a confused face at him. Draco mentally facepalmed himself. "The school ball, silly. Din't you heard?"

"I guess no.. Tell me more about this ball." She asked, interested to know further about the information Draco had just gave her. "It will be held about next month. Everyone is invited, of course. As well as some other students chosen from different wizarding school around the world too. So its kinda big." Draco explained to her more and could already see the excitement in Ginny's eyes. "Thats why you should try ask Potter to be your date."

"Oh Merlin. Thats fantastic! Sure I'll ask him, when the time comes. But I don't have anything to wear.. infact, I don't have enough money to buy one to match with his, though.." Ginny muttered sadly. Draco had heard it and said "Don't worry about it. I'll help you purchase one. A fancy one, infact, that would make Potter fall in completely in love you that night for his entire life."

"Really? You would do that for me?" Ginny watched him in disbelief. "Of course I would. Thats what friends do..right?" Ginny's smile appeared on her face and began getting wider into a grin and a tear was about to fall from her eyes. "Thank you, Draco. I'd really appreaciate that. Alot." They both smiled at each other and watched the sun dissapear from away from the sight of world.