Chapter 17.

Scarlett's POV.

I was tapping my feet nervously on the cold tiled floor, not knowing on how to react when Trevor gets here. Roxie and I were currently seated in my kitchen, waiting for Trevor to reach.

My mom went to clear things out with him yesterday and told him about my encounter with the evil witch, not knowing how to react he decided to meet up with us and clear things out.

We heard the doorbell and I limped all the way to open it, there stood a deadly handsome face standing right in front of my, looking at me with his beautiful dark brown eyes. Trevor.

"Come in." I gestured.

He nodded and found his way to the kitchen, while I closed the door behind him and sigh.

"Do you still like me?" Was the first question I was greeted with.

"Hello to you too and yes, I still like you. I never stopped liking you. I was just afraid that Clarissa would do something to you." I fought back my tears.

You'll must think this is typical and overdramatic but trust me, I never had a choice. Trevor was different in some specific ways and I adored him with all my heart. I would fight with any evil witch who would try to take away from him. Now I am overthinking!

"I have a plan." He spoke up.

"Go ahead!" Roxie squealed.

"We will pretend as if we are fighting in front of everyone till we find some solid proof that Clarissa was involved in your accident. Once we find some evidence, we will go to the cops and have her arrested. Problem solved!" He patted himself.

"Awesome! But how will we find out that she was involved? Wouldn't one of us have to talk with her for that?" I spoke.

"Trevor can do that." Roxie pointed towards him.

"She is right, a little bit of flirting will be enough for that asswipe to speak." He added.

I felt so proud of having them in my life. I was afraid that the town life wouldn't suit me, but I was wrong, this is better than the cities. I am happy here.

We talked a bit more before Roxie left for her drama classes. Now it was me and Trevor. Perfect!

"I'm sorry for lying." I spoke, making us some grilled cheese.

"You did scare the crap out of me, but it's okay." He said, passing me the mozerella cheese.

I smiled and turned on the griller. I started humming 'You Belong With Me.' by Taylor Swift. I felt Trevor eyes on me but I didn't mind. It made me feel safe and comfortable.

"You really should sing." He stopped me.

"I told you...I can't." I didn't look into his eyes.

"Can't or don't want to?" He asked, holding my chin and making me look into his eyes.

"It's complicated." I shrugged it off.

"Tell me about it." He asked.

I felt a ball of anger rising in my chest. It wasn't because of Trevor, it was because of the topic. I loathed my father. He did inhumanly things to me and my mom. It was hell when he was with us.

"Someday." I turned my back, as the bread popped up.

Taking the hint, he didn't question me any further. We ate our grilled cheese in silence. Later, we decided to watch FRIENDS. More like, I forced him to watch it with me. He didn't laugh the first 10 minutes, while I giggled all the way. Making it difficult for him to hold his laugh, he decided to give in and let out a demonly laugh.

"You laugh like a demon!" I exclaimed.

"Why, thank you." He smiled.

Right now, I was holding back my tears because Ross and Rachel were breaking up, it's one of the worst things that happen on FRIENDS. He glanced at me and snuggled up closer.

"You know that I'm happy that we decided to fight for us." He whispered in my ears, sending tingles through my body.

"Me too." I blushed.

We turned the TV off and sat there on the couch in complete silence. After a while, the both of us were busy in our phones. I was checking my Instagram and scrolling through everyone's feed.

"My parents...they..uhh..they're too obsessed with me becoming like them. Every single time when I bring a girl on a date, the first they see is whether she is fit to marry me, they saw the perfect girl for me in Clarissa. They have also talked to her parents and they agreed on our marriage in future. That's why I wanted to know how tough you were...so that you will fight and not tolerate their bullshit." He spoke.

I was moved, this was a typical story, but hearing it from Trevor, I felt bad. I'm glad that he saw that potential in me. I felt proud and terrible at the same time. What's up with parents acting immature? Is it a trend or something? I felt nice to have such an understanding mother, but again, I had a shitty father.

"I'm so sorry, Lockhart." I smiled, my phone screen was still on but I didn't realise it until he pointed it out.

We sat there, deadly close to each other. I caught Trevor looking at my lips as I unconsciously bit them. I was prepared for my heart to come out of my chest any moment now. I gulped and closed my eyes. But...this awkward moment was interrupted by Joseph. Talk about timings...

"Ahem." He cleared his through.

"Josephine!" I exclaimed and smiled. "Where were you."

"Finding myself a boyfriend, but you wouldn't know..you were too busy with yours." He teased. Ass.

"Lockhart's not my boyfriend." I hissed.

"Ouch." Trevor spoke and then laughed.

"I'll walk you to the door." I got up and glanced at Trevor.

"Thanks." He stated.

He politely nodded at Joseph who smiled and then winked at me, mouthing "Go Team Trevlett!" I shoved him to the side and jogged to catch up with Trevor.

I opened the door for him and he stepped out and turned to face me.

"I had a good talk with you." He whispered.

"I'm glad you felt comfortable to talk about this with me." I sadly said. "I wish I could do the same."

"Hey!" He gently grabbed my shoulders. "I didn't share this with you because I wanted to know your story. I told you because I wanted to let you know that I trust you."

"Thanks." I smiled.

He turned around to walk but I slowed him down by saying, "My dad...he...was an addict."

...

Hello Angels!

What did you think of this chapter?

The upcoming chapters will be really interesting!

Comment down your thoughts about this chapter's Trevlett scene.

A very Happy New Year to you guys! Hope you get all the success and happiness you'll deserve. 💛

Also, sorry for all the typos :(

Don't forget to vote and comment :)

Violette.