007

my favorite song

~Tj~

Reese, Dad, Lauren, and I approached the door of the Jackson's house. My dad thought Thursday night pizza with the Jackson's has gotten a little repetitive so he's planning on making a barbeque chicken pizza which sounds awful and amazing at the same time.

Reese tapped his foot, eager to get inside and tell Richard about his new guitar.

My dad knocked on the door and we soon heard Anne and Richard's footsteps as they rushed to the door.

Anne opened the door only wide enough for us to see her.
"Hey, babies," she said to Reese and I with a wide smile. "Hi Mark. Hi Lauren."

Dad and Lauren greeted her back and Richard poked his head in for us to see him.
"We have a surprise for you guys."

"Someone for you to meet," Anne adds.

Did they get a dog? Did they finally get a baby to foster?

Anne opened the door and stepped over to the side.

Cyrus Goodman was standing there leaning against the wall, making eye contact with me briefly before looking down at Reese and then to the floor.

What the hell?

"This is Cyrus. We're fostering him."

Oh.

"He's so precious," Lauren said. Cyrus looked extremely uncomfortable.

"Come in," Anne says.
We all step inside. Reese's eyes darted between Cyrus, the floor, and the wall art that he's seen a million times. He suddenly didn't seem excited to talk.

"How old are you, kid?" My dad asked. "Have you met Tj?"

Cyrus looked at me again and back to the floor.

All of the adults's eyes were on him. Reese was leaning back on me so I had my hand on his shoulder. I was tempted to push him away but it didn't seem appropriate for this time.

I'm surprised that Anne and Richard decided to foster a teenager, let alone someone like Cyrus. He looks better than he did at school today. I hope he got to a doctor or something.

"Art and History," I answered. "We have those classes together."

"Art, huh? Are you an artist, Simon?" My dad asked.

"Cyrus," he replied sternly. I wouldn't be surprised if my dad said that on purpose to see if he'd correct him.

"Where did that name come from?" Lauren asked with a smile.
How would he know?

Cyrus looked at Anne.

"He's a bit shy," Anne said. "I'm excited for him to get to know the boys. Did I tell you we make our own pizzas on Thursdays, Cyrus?"

He looked at her and didn't say anything. He had his hands behind his back the entire time, looking anxious as hell.

"I'm Reese. That's our dad and Lauren," Reese said.