Chapter 4

A/N This whole chapter is in Tess's POV sorry for any confusion. Also, the necklace is actually the one that I wear. I never take it off. If I can figure out how to put pictures on the side I'll show you.

Tess's POV

"Tess," Louis said slowly. "What's that around your neck?"

I glanced downwards, and realised that I had been playing with my necklace again. Old habit, really.

"It's just a necklace. It was around my neck when I was found as an orphan." I explained, slightly puzzled as to why he wanted to know.

"Can I see it?" Louis asked hesitantly. For a fleeting moment my mind went back to the picture in my pocket, of me by my unknown twin brother. Then I lifted my hand and slipped the necklace off. My chest instantly felt lighter and naked without the comforting weight of the silver horse head. Granted, it weighed next to nothing but still. I passed the necklace to Louis and he inspected it for a few seconds.

Curiosity got the better of me. "Why? Do you recognise it or something?"

Louis was silent. "Yes." He said at last, before reaching into his shirt and pulling out a matching one, except that the gem was a deep blue instead of red.

I gaped. "Wh-where did you get that?"

Louis took a deep breath. "You're an orphan right. Your parents dropped you off at an orphanage before you left years later with Cayley. Well, your parents didn't just abandon you. You were kidnapped, and whoever it was must have dumped you off. Your parents searched for you for years, even though the police had given up the case."

"How do you know all that." I whispered.

"Becuase the one thing fans don't know about me is that I used to have a twin sister, before she went missing. Mum told me that the only way I would recognise her if I met her is because of my necklace."

My eyes widened, as my brain figured it out the same time Louis said it.

"You've got the matching one. Tess, you're my missing twin sister."

(A/N if I ever wrote Tess's age earlier on, just ignore that cos she's Louis's age now.)

Silence. Absolute silence followed Louis's words. The others staring at us in shock, me still trying to process it.

"W-what?" My voice was barely a whisper.

"It fits, doesn't it? Your necklace matches mine, except for the gems. You're an orphan, we're the same age. We even look a bit alike." Louis replied. And he was right - it did fit. It made absolute sense.

"That's, that's crazy." Kelly said. "You're Louis Tomlinson's twin sister. You. After all this time searching for your twin brother, it turns out he's part of the band that we obssessed over?"

Louis and I nodded in unison.

"Well that was certainly unexpected." Niall stated from beside me. Under the table, he squeezed my hand. Louis wordlessly slid my necklace back to me, and I slide over my head.

The waiter came back with our dessert, breaking the uncomfortable silence. I ate my food without saying anything. I was Louis's sister? It seemed to good to be true. The whole ride back to the hotel, I avoided looking at Louis - my twin brother. Niall was right there next to me the entire time, giving me silent reassurances. I really liked him. Like, really really liked him. Too bad he doesn't like me back. Especially since I'm now his best mate's sister.

The lads invited us to spend the night with them, since it was a long way to go back to our place. We didn't bother to argue.

Once at the hotel, we went off with the same boy as before.

"You take the bed." Niall told me, unlocking his room.

I shook my head. "And put you on the couch? No. Stay in your bed, I'll be fine."

Niall hesitated. "You can sleep next to me if you want. Only if you want to, you don't ahve to." He added on quickly.

"If you're really sure..." I trailed off. Niall nodded firmly.

"I am."

I shrugged. "Ok then."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, I woke up early, as normal. The way I wake up is quite weird - I wake up all at once, not gradually like most people. Turning my head slightly, I glimpsed the clock on the side of the bed. 6:26 am. Pretty average timing for me.

The bed beneath me was far too comfortable to be my own, and I definitely didn't sleep with someone.

Twisting over, I was suddenly met with Niall's sleeping face, his mouth open slightly.

Oh my fish he looks so cute like that!! I mentally squealed. His arm was wrapped around me, preventing me from moving any further.

Since I'm incapable of staying in bed once I wake up, and I really needed to go toilet, I attemped to wriggle my way out of the bed.

"Tess..." Niall murmered sleepily, and he lifted his head. "Where are you going?"

I bit back a curse. I didn't mean to wake him up. "I need to go toilet and I always wake up at this time. Go back to sleep."

"But you're comfy." He whined, pulling me back under the covers.

"Yeah, and I need to pee. I'll come back, you know. I'm not going to get kidnapped." I said wryly.

"You'd better." He muttered, closing his eyes again.

I slipped out and padded to the bathroom. Everything from the night before was slowly coming back to me. The concert, finding out Niall was a fish to, then going to dinner and realising that Louis fucking Tomlinson is my twin brother. Wow. That's more One Direction excitement in one night that most fans get in their whole lives.

I was stunned out of my brooding when water splashed over me. "Fuck." I muttered, grabbing a towel and frantically scrubbing at my skin.

10 seconds left. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. I didn't change, and I let out the breath I didn't realise I was holding.

Slipping back into Niall's room, I slid back under the covers again, and almost instantly his arm went around me again. "You wake up too early." He mumbled.

"I know. But I can't help it." I said softly.

"We've got about 2 hours till Louis comes in to scream at us to wake up, so go back to sleep."

Not replying, I snuggled deeper under the covers and drifted off into sleep.

Heyla my fishies!!! So, even though my birthday was a couple of weeks back, my besties Harriet and Cayley are saying that I have to put this in. I am officialy 14 now! Still hasn't sunk in actually. I just got my option form for next year and after two very long nights and two rather vicious 'conversations' with my parents, I finally managed to convince them to let me take music and drama, since acting and singing have been my passions since I was about 5.

Anyways, about the chapter: Tess and Louis are twins!! 0_0 who saw that coming?? Probably most of you, actually.

Please comment what you thought about this chapter!! I love the feedback and it helps me write better to!! So, comment comment comment!!

5 votes, 10 reads, and 1 comment till the next update!!!

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

Instagram: @flametar2

Twitter: @Flamestar_

Kik: flamestar2

I LOVE YOU MY FISHIES!!!

Tess