Ch.2

Kagurama's Pov

Kagurama's Pov.

The atmosphere around Fox and I was tense as he payed for the dozen red roses I angrily picked out. I thought Anbu weren't supposed to be seen at all, yet this one had no problem being out.

"Your total is 5,400 yen." Inoichi Yamanaka, the father of one of the most annoying females my age said. Fox handed the right amount, and grabbed the bouquet, forcing it into my crossed arms. My glare darkened, red eyes narrowing even more as I clenched the flowers in my hands tightly.

We left the flower shop, and made our way to the Uchiha compound. Because of the 9 tailed attack, the village was quick to blame the Uchiha Clan. The Fourth however dispelled any disagreement about the Uchiha, and gave them a whole district within the village walls, much to many's disapproval, thus birthing the Uchiha compound.

The walk as expected was quiet, dreadful, and tense. For once the whispers about me weren't loud enough for me to hear because of the Anbu walking beside me. The one upside of having an assigned Anbu. We walked through the entrance of the compound, and I dreaded the unavoidable even more now. I shoved my free fist into my pants pocket, and lowered my head so my hair covered my face.

Respectful nods were sent towards the Anbu, while some sent me looks of disdain. As if my existence was far below theirs. My mood only worsened considerably. Fox tightly grabbed my arm once we stood in front of the main household.

"You will apologize politely, and ask for forgiveness. Then you will ask if their is any way you could make it up to the Uchiha child? Nothing more, and nothing less. Understand?" Fox demanded. I only looked away until I yelped at the tightening of my arm.

"Alright! I'll do the unnecessary apology. Now unhand me." I growled, the permanent scowl on my face deepening. My request however was ignored. Fox knocked on the door, which was opened after a moment. It was the lady of the house, Mikoto Uchiha. She seemed surprised at our presence, but narrowed her eyes once they landed on me.

"Hello Anbu-San, I assume you're here for Sasuke?" She questioned. Fox didn't respond and only pushed me forward. Nodding, Mikoto opened the door wide enough for us to enter. We walked in, and stood in the hallway that lead to the door. "Sasuke!" She called the child I now truly hated. I clenched my fist that was in my pocket even harder, feeling my nails digging into the skin.

"Mother?" A childish, muffled voice questioned exiting a room to stand in front of us. I internally winced seeing she bluish black blotch from under the bandage on his cheek. I was definitely not feeling guilty at all. No guilt whatsoever. The child froze the minute he saw me, and his confused expression turned to that of hatred. "What is she doing here?!" He spat pointing an accusing finger towards me. The commotion caused the older brother of Sasuke Uchiha, Itachi Uchiha to watch from the doorway. Fox's grip on my arm tightened once more, warningly. Removing the flowers that were hidden behind my back, I shoved it into his direction, looking away. Once again I felt a squeeze on my arm. Sucking in a breath, I turned to the Uchiha.

"I-I deeply a-apologize for my actions yesterday. I humbly ask for your forgiveness and will do whatever is requested to make it up to you." I spoke, my voice in a monotone. I could feel myself struggle to keep my emotions in check at the absolute humiliation I was facing.

"Hmph! I don't accept!" The brat exclaimed while looking away with his arms crossed.

"Sasuke!" Mikoto said disapprovingly.  The lThe boy however didn't look impressed.

"Why doesn't she get down on her knees and apologizes?! After all, she's no better than filth!" He spat. It was quiet, until Fox pushed me forward. Did he actually want me to bow down to this insolent child?! I looked up at him with wide eyes, but his masked face didn't so much as glance at me. I felt my figure tremble at the uncontrollable rage my whole being felt. Against my will, my face turned a deep scarlet, and my eyes watered.

"I've just about had it!" I shouted throwing the bouquet onto the floor, startling those but Fox in the room. "I've apologized, and apologized for every single incident that I'm involved in, because my side of the story never matters! No matter what, I'm supposed to suck it up, and take the blame for everything! All the adults already treat me like scum for no reason, and I'm not going to stay quiet and do nothing while a child no older than me does the same! Especially a child who refers to me as a monster or a demon! Calling me ugly when I've never even done anything to personally offend you! You have no right to look at me with eyes like that! I'm not some scum that shouldn't exist! I am a real person of this village, so why are you looking at me like that?!" I shouted glaring hatefully at the Uchiha family. The brat stared at me with wide eyes, as if someone had hit him in the stomach. His mother had a similar expression. Feeling the tears began to slip, I turned around and ran out of the house. I was thankful that the Anbu chose not to follow me.

I maneuvered out of the compound, and quickly made my way to the forest, away from the village. It was moments like this that I truly wished I could cease to exist. That the earth could just swallow me up. I mean, it's not fair! Why do I always have to take the blame of other people's problems?! Why couldn't they just leave me alone?!

"Ah!" I tripped over a tree root, and tumbled down the small downhill. My back slammed into a tree, and I released a small whimper, clutching my throbbing head. Curling into a ball, I grabbed my hair tightly. "It's not fair..." I trailed off with a quiet voice. "Why am I alone and hated by everyone?! I did nothing wrong!" I finished standing up in an angered voice. "I just want people to stop treating me like I'm nothing! I just want to be accepted and respected as a person! Is that so hard?!" I growled punching the tree angrily. "Is. That. So. Hard?!" I shouted once more continuing to punch the tree. The sheer amount of anger I felt clouded the burning sensation of pain being felt in my hands.

I stopped, trying to catch my breath. My knuckles were bloody with splinters, and the tree had multiple strange dents in it. I turned around, and slumped down, leaning into the tree. Covering my eyes, I bit my quivering lips, ignoring the clear liquid falling down my face.