Ch.14

Kagurama's Pov.

My sleep was completely nonexistent. The only thought that went through my head the whole night was the obvious probability of failing the graduation exam. I dragged myself to the academy, preparing for the inevitable.

_________

"What's up with you?" I internally groaned at the voice that sounded next to me.

"Mind your own business Shikamaru. I'm actually not in the mood to deal with you as of right now." I said not even looking at him.

"What a drag. I don't even care." The Nara said while leaning back in his seat. Iruka-Sensei entered the classroom, causing all sounds to stop. The students turned their attention to him, I included.

"We are now about to begin the graduation test. When your name is called, proceed to the next classroom. The final test will be on... the clone jutsu."

'Nooooooooo!!! Why did it have to be my worst jutsu?!' I internally screamed. I'm definitely going to fail! I slumped my head forward, glaring down at my hands.

_________

'Alright Kagurama. Just focus on limiting your chakra as much as possible.' I told myself as I stood in front of Iruka and Mizuki-Sensei. Focusing, I did the jutsu. Opening my eyes to peak, I felt my heart drop at the sight before me.

"You fail!" Iruka-Sensei shouted. He then gave me a disappointed expression only adding to my failure.

"Iruka-Sensei... she's off, but her moves weren't bad, and she did hang in there and replicate. This is her third try, so you know she really wants to become a ninja. We could cut her a break and pass her." Mizuki-Sensei said, brining my mood back up.

"Mizuki-Sensei, the other students created at least three replications. But Kagurama could only create one and look at it. It's pitiful. I can't pass her." Hearing Iruka-Sensei diss me like this sent a huge amount of rage bubbling inside of me. I felt my eyes narrowed into a glare, arms crossing against my chest. I stormed out of the academy, finding myself sitting on a swing set. Before long, everyone was outside cheering with one another. Their parents coming to greet them. Even Naruto's dad took the afternoon off to take him and his wife out to celebrate.

"There, you see her?" A female voice said. My red eyes looked up to see two mothers glaring at me. "It's that girl. I heard she's the only one who failed." The women started.

"Hmph. Well, it serves her right." The one with a red bandana added.

"Just imagine what would happen if she became a ninja. I mean she's the girl who-" The First Lady got cut off.

"Shhh! We aren't allowed to talk about that!" If those two obnoxious women are trying to irritate me, they surely succeeded. My mouth pulled back into a snarl, teeth grinding tightly.

"Hey Kagurama." A voice behind me said, momentarily halting my anger. I turned around to be met with the kind smile of Mizuki-Sensei.

__________

"How pathetic those guards were. Swiping this scroll was so dreadfully easy." I mocked as I stared at the huge scroll laid before me. I was waiting in the location Mizuki-Sensei instructed while reading the scroll. "So the first jutsu is..." I trailed off but frowned seeing the clone jutsu. "Kage bunshin? Maybe this will be easier." I said to myself while putting my hand into the hand sign. Focusing my Chaka, I turned left after herring a poof. "No way... I actually did it!" I cheered seeing the solid clone next to me. I released the jutsu, and began working on the next one.