Confessing To Zane

Travis's pov:

"Zane is coming over today!" I excitedly waited for him at the door. After so many rejections, I decided to give up on Katelyn. I can't lie, I was pretty broken and sad after I gave up on her. Zane saw me the next day and noticed that I was acting differently than usual. He cheered me up surprisingly, he gave me cupcakes and started visiting me daily. Thanks to him, I'm not a wreck anymore. After he started coming over I started developing feelings for him. After all this time, chasing girls, I found out now. After he started caring for me, I noticed, I'm gay.

Zane's pov:

I walked towards Travis's house and it drew closer and closer.

I started visiting Travis everyday since I saw him on that day at the park, he looked depressed, I felt bad for him. I asked him what was wrong and after he told me I asked him if he wanted to go home with me. It's just something about seeing Travis sad, he's usually so happy and hyper but when he's so sad, it's just heart wrenching. After we got to my house I gave him some cupcakes I had left. We spent the day together for the whole day and then he went home.

Before I knew it I was in front of Travis's door. I knocked on it nervously. The door opened and I saw Travis standing there. "Oh hey Zane!" He smiled happily. "Come in" He took my hand and pulled me inside. He closed the door behind me and asked "How's your day going?". "It's going alright, I guess" I followed Travis to his bedroom. I'm glad to see that he's happy. Travis jumped on his bed and urged me to lay down with him. "Get on here" He patted the bed. I walked over and sat next to him.

Travis's pov:

Zane plopped down on the bed and sat next to me. I looked him in his blue eyes and got butterflies in my stomach. "H- hey, Zane" I stuttered and tapped Zane on his shoulder. "Huh?" He turned his heads towards me. "I wanna ask you something, but I don't wanna ruin everything you've done for me" My heart starts beating faster and faster. "What is it? It won't, I know it won't" He told me in a calming voice. Should I just rip off the band-aid? I should, let's just get it over with. "Z- Zane" I only stuttered his name out. I keep backing out, just do it. I hesitate to do it. Just do it Travis! I encourage myself to do it. Finally said it. "I wanted to ask you for a while now". He looks at me and waited for the rest of the sentence. "I've liked you for a while now" His blue eyes widen and looked me in the eyes. "I just wanted to ask if you would like to.." I paused and hesitated for a bit. "go out with me" I finally asked and my heart beats faster and faster. I wait eagerly for his answer.

Zane's pov:

I heard his question and my mind went blank. What? Travis likes me? How? When? I froze for a second and stared him in the eyes.Um, what should I say? My heart rate's pace quickens. Should I say yes, should I say no? I'm panicking, this isn't good. Am I even gay? Do I even like boys? My head is flooded with questions. But I have had a great time with him recently and he has also treated me well even though I used to treat him horribly. His emerald eyes were glimmering brighter than normal for me. His face seems eager and waited for an answer. Do I like Travis?

"Yes, I would love to!" huh? I said it without thinking. Why did I? My cheeks heat up and an involuntary smile formed on my face.

Travis's pov:

My heart skipped a beat and was in euphoria. "R- really?" I get excited. He nods and blushes. "Yay!" I give him a hug and we stay in that position for a while.

"Have you gotten shorter Zane?" I giggled. "Don't call me short!" He argued. "Ok, ok. I'm sorry" His body warmth radiated on me. It's so comfortable. "I'm glad that you're willing to go out with me" I smiled happily as I let go of Zane. "Me too" Zane averted his gaze away from me.

"How about we go out tomorrow?" Zane turned his head back towards me. "Sure" He agreed. I'm so excited! Where should we go? How about that new café?! Yeah, that's a nice spot. "I'll bring you there, just come by tomorrow". Zane nodded. I looked at him and smiled. I can't believe it. We're actually dating now. Hopefully this isn't a dream.