Chapter 3

Last night was ok. It was really awkward after Rowan said what she did but it was totally true. We didn't really talk about it. Right after she said that she apologized and we just moved on. I'm sure yesterday when she spent the entire day on her phone she was texting her. She also seemed very tuned out of our conversation and like she didn't care. But there is really nothing I can do about it.

We both go downstairs for breakfast and sit at the table with the family.

"So Sabrina, how is Corey?" Ben asks to start a conversation.

"He's good" I say

"I miss him" Auggie says.

"I miss him too" I say.

"So today, how does a little pumpkin picking and corn maze sound? It is October after all" Ben says.

"It sounds perfect! Can Ashley come?" Rowan asks.

Who's Ashley?

"Yeah. I don't see why not" Ben says.

"No. I don't want Ashley to come. I don't like her. She's boring" Auggie complains.

"Too bad. She's coming" Rowan says.

"I like Sabrina's boyfriend better" Auggie says under his breath. I only heard it because I'm sitting next to him.

"Who's Ashley?" My mom asks. It's like she read my mind.

"Ones of my close friends" Rowan says.

"That's very nice. I can't wait to meet her" My mom says.

Once we finished breakfast we all went to our rooms and got ready for the day. Rowan and I went to her room and got dressed. We were doing our makeup when we finally got a real conversation going.

"So who's Ashley? Is she who I think she is?" I ask.

"Yeah. She's my girlfriend. Remember the pitcher on the softball team I told you about?" She asks.

"Yeah. I remember" I say.

"It's her" She says.

"I knew you were still into her. You knew every little detail about her old relationship when you were telling me about her over the summer" I say.

"She is pretty hot not gonna lie. A little too hard to get over her" Rowan says.

"Well then I can't wait to meet her" I say.

"Just don't get jealous" Rowan says.

"I won't" I say.

It takes us about another fifteen minutes to get dressed and stuff. Then we left. We are picking up Rowan's girlfriend. It took us about ten minutes to get to her house.

"Hi" Rowan says to her when she gets in the car.

"Hi" She says back and gives her a hug.

"This is Sabrina, my step sister and that is Danielle, my stepmom" Rowan says.

"Hi" She says to me.

"Hi" I say back in a polite voice.

My mom says hi and then Ashely says hi to Ben.

"Hi Auggie" She says to him.

"Hi" Auggie says with no emotion in his voice and he doesn't even look at her. He kept looking at his iPad instead.

Let me tell you when the seating arrangements were. Ben was driving and my mom was next to him. Rowan and Ashley were in the middle row and then me and Auggie in the back. I don't know why Ben has a car with three rows since it is just the three of them but it's cool.