Chapter 7

{You guys have waited long enough for this. Enjoy the surprise at the end. Actually you probably won't enjoy it}

Rowan, my mom and Ben are our doing last minute party prep today so it's just Auggie and I today. Apparently Ashely is going to stop by to get to know me better and hangout with Auggie so we'll see how that goes.

Auggie comes down the stairs all dressed and ready for the day. He comes and sits next to me then puts his head in my lap.

"How about we leave so when Ashely comes we aren't here" Auggie says.

"We can't do that. It's not nice" I say.

"Who cares?" He asks.

"Auggie be nice. It's just for an hour or so and then I'll take you out to do something" I say.

"Yay" Auggie says.

We waited around for about an hour until Ashley got here. I got dressed in the meantime and that was about it.

There was a knock on the door and I went to go answer it. Auggie stayed in his spot on the couch.

"Hi Ashley" I say.

"Hi Sabrina" She says and gives me a tight hug.

We go over to the couch and she says hi to Auggie and we sit with him.

"So what do you guys want to do today?" I ask.

"I don't care. Whatever Auggie wants to do" Ashley says and pinches his cheek.

"Take a nap" Auggie says.

"You can take a nap later. Let's do something fun right now" I say.

"Well I really really want to see the new Wreck It Ralph movie" He says.

"That's a great idea!" Ashley says.

So we google movie times and since it's kinda old there was only one playing at a movie theater about a half an hour away. It was playing for another two hours though so we had to find something to do in the meantime.

"Want to come outside and watch me practice baseball?" Auggie asks.

"I would love to" I say.

"Me too" Ashley says.

"Good because the season is starting soon and I need practice" He says.

So the three of us head outside and he goes in the little storage shed and grabs a metal baseball and a bucket of baseballs.

"Sabrina, will you pitch while I swing?" He asks.

"Of course" I say.

"Ashley you stand to the side because I don't want to hit you" He says.

"Ok" She says.

So I pitched while Auggie kept hitting the balls. He is actually pretty good for a ten year old. Out of every ten he hit at least eight of them. There was a few times where I was scared the ball was gonna hit me right in the face.

After about an hour Auggie says, "I need a water break. Hold on" He says and runs inside.

"Ok buddy" I say

"Can you get me one too Auggie?" Ashley asks.

"Sure" He says.

As he is inside I hear the doorbell ring. I decide to go inside because a ten year old probably shouldn't open the door for strangers.

"Hey Augs, who's at..." I trailed off when I saw who was at the door.

"Hi Sabrina"

"H-hey Corey"