Chapter 9

{I'm not doing an updating schedule anymore. Whenever I fell like updating that's when I am}

10pm;

"Did you like your surprise?" Rowan asks coming into her room after she showered. Ashley insisted on staying the night so me and her talked for a little bit while we were waiting for her. Ashley staying the night also means I have to sleep in the basement. I swear this whole thing was orchestrated and everyone knew but me.

"Eh. I would have liked it better if it wasn't a surprise" I say.

"I know but I just thought I'm so happy in a relationship and I want that for you too" She says.

"I appreciate it. I know you did it for all the right reasons" I say.

"Ok so are you ready to go downstairs? I hate to kick you out but I want some alone time with my girlfriend" Ashley says.

"Yeah. I totally get that" I say and stand up. "Goodnight guys" I say.

"Goodnight" They both say back.

I head down to the main level and I see my mom and Ben sitting on the couch. I go and sit next to her. She wraps her arm around me.

"How are you honey" She asks

"I'm good" I say.

"You've seemed a little off since we've gotten here" She says.

"I'm fine. It's just weird being in a different place. I'm so used to being home" I say.

"I totally get that. When I was your age your grandma and grandpa took me to California to visit family and I was so homesick the entire time" She says.

"We should take a trip to California" I say.

"Maybe over the summer" She says.

"Cool" I say. "I'm tired. I'm gonna go downstairs now" I say.

"Ok sweetie. I love you. Goodnight" She says and hugs me a little tighter.

"Goodnight" Ben says.

"Goodnight" I say back.

I head downstairs and it was a nice finished basement. Definitely Auggie's playroom. He had a nice TV set up with a bunch of video games and a big couch.

"Hey" I say when I got down, making sure to close the door behind me.

"Hi" Corey says back looking away from the tv and at me.

He was already in his pajamas, so was I. I go and sit close to him.

"Can I do something?" I ask.

"Um sure" Corey says. He was confused on what I was asking for.

I take his arm and put it around me then cuddle into him.

"I missed this" I say.

I saw a tiny smile appear on his face. "Me too" He says.

"Can I tell you something" I say.

"Of course" He says

"It's kinda hard to tell you but I am going to. Over the summer when Rowan came to live with me and we were dating me and her kinda had a thing. It was nothing too serious. We just kissed a lot and talked all the time and I took her out on a couple dates. We didn't do anything more then kiss" I say. It was silent for a couple minutes. "Please don't be mad" I add

"I'm not mad. I kinda had a suspicion but I wasn't going to say anything. I'm honestly fine with it. I told you. You should do some self discovery and you did. I can't be mad about that" He says.

"Thank you" I say.

"Did you love her?" He asks.

"I did. I still do. When we came here I was so excited like our little secret was going to continue but it never did because she got a girlfriend and never told me which hurts even more" I say.

"Aww baby" He says and pulls me a little closer and kisses the top of my head. "I'm sorry it worked out that way" He says.

"It's ok. You didn't do anything. She only brought you here because she wanted me to be in a relationship" I say.

"She told me she is bringing me here because you're still in love with me" He says.

"I never told her that but I do love you. I always have" I say.

"I know but just as a friend I get it" He says.

"No. More than a friend. Maybe like a boyfriend. I don't know" I say.

I look up at him. He's looking down at me. I leaned up and gave him a kiss on the lips. We kissed for a good minute. He was the one to stop it.

"I don't want to rush into anything" He says.

"I'm ok rushing" I say.

"But don't you want to date a girl or something and try it out before getting back together with me if that's what your really want" He says.

"Corey, most people don't believe this but most bi people have a preference. I still prefer boys" I say.

"Ok. I kinda like that" He says.

I give him one more little kiss and then we both go to sleep. We slept on like opposite ends of the couch and weren't even touching.