(96) - Elizabeth

The city has a certain sparkle as we approach it. Even though it seems a bit smaller than the previous one, excitement grows in the pit of my stomach. "Okay, lets stop here," Meliodas says.

At this point, all of our power levels were rapidly increasing. Because of that, we would soon be on the same level as some of the members of the Ten Commandments. "Hey! Elizabeth!" Juvia calls.

She stands next to Wendy and Meredy, having a bright smile on her face. "Do you want to go to the city with us?" Wendy says. She grins as excitement forms in the pit of my stomach.

"Wait, hold on!" Diane says cheerfully. "If you guys are going, then I want to come as well." Meredy chuckles as Juvia smiles in delight. Wendy keeps her gaze on me, having a serious expression on her face.

"No." Meliodas frowns. "Elizabeth and I are the only two going to the city." Wendy furrows her eyebrows in concentration as a small smirk appears on her face.

"Don't have too much fun," she says, winking in my direction. I cover my face in my hands as my face turns bright red in embarrassment. "Let's go, Elizabeth," Meliodas says, extending his hand.

I take his hand, following him to the city. Excitement bubbles in my stomach as I allow myself to be calm. A smile appears on my face as I stare at him. Whenever I'm with him, I'm safe, I say to myself.

Moments like those never last long. A horde of demons fly in our direction. "Elizabeth, stay behind me," Meliodas says, putting his hand in front of me in a protective manner. I glance at the different types of demons with wide eyes.

"Meliodas, I can help," I say desperately as he hesitantly stares at me. "Please, trust me on this." He furrows his eyebrows, rushing towards the herd of demons. I nod in delight, following him.

I aim a hard punch at a red demon, knocking him to the center of the earth. A colbat demon rushes in my direction with such speed. I jump backwards, shooting an orb of light in the direction of that demon.

The demon disappears into thin air as I glance in Meliodas' direction. He was staring at me, watching all of my movements. "Nice job, Elizabeth," he says, flashing me a proud smile.

I take his hand, feeling a sense of pride with our accomplishments. This is the first time he has seen me in combat, and I cannot wait to fight alongside him even more. More.