02

as hyunjin opens the library door, he's hit with the serious and quiet aura of working students. his ears are filled with little whispering chatters to keyboard being furiously hit with fingers as students try to finish their work. but he also can slightly hear paper being turned from books and magazines.

he had one mission, it was to find the boy in the upstairs level who always had a book on him. so he walks up the stairs slowly to try and catch him. once he's up on the second floor, he wanders around looking through the pathways of bookshelves. the upper level was a bit smaller than the lower level, so it was going to be easier for him.

a couple minutes of wandering around, he checks a corner table that is surrounded by bookshelves. there's a stack of books sitting on the table, but nobody there. hyunjin was beginning to think he wasn't there for the day, until a boy pulled out a chair and sat down.

it's him. a smile paints across hyunjin's face. first, he thinks of his approach, what would he say? did he have anything to say? but he grabs a random book from the shelf and walks on over. he grabs a chair and sits across from the boy. he opens the book and starts to read.

wait the words are—

"to inform you of your idiotic action, you opened the book upside down. never thought a boy like you was capable of doing so." he speaks, hyunjin closes the book out of embarrassment.

"reading in different ways is cool you know?"

the unnamed boy then looks at hyunjin's pick, he raises a brow. "you're interested in guatemala's volcanoes? because prince boy like you definitely has a soft spot for pacaya."

"okay look, fine I'm not into guatemala's volcanoes but I'm here for you." as hyunjin slides the book to the end of the table.

but the boy rolls his eyes, "treat books with respect, authors create masterpieces and drill their heart and soul into them. they aren't being placed in a library to get thrown around, but to be read."

hyunjin groans, "why do you like books? they're just words on paper."

hyunjin didn't think he'd get a blunt answer. but instead, something more unexpected. the boy puts his book down and crosses his arms.

"why the fuck do you like breathing? you're just gonna die anyways." he tells, hyunjin's jaw drops from his words.

"that hurt.."

"worse then turning a page and getting a paper cut." the boy tells, he gets up from his seat and takes his book with him. "don't bother me again, it's rude to disrupt someone when reading.." he then leaves, hyunjin still shocked he grabs onto his hair tugging it roughly.

"I told you changbin!"