Episode 1 - Part 1

EPISODE 1 : SPRING RETURNS

This was not how Erin pictured herself going home --forced, lacking, and hardly excited. Wishing she had more time to unknot the tangles and say her goodbyes.

Glancing in the mirror, she saw how her face had grown over the years. Five years in Seoul grew her wrinkles, not to mention, eye bags overnight as she didn't have enough sleep. Good thing she knew how to mend them with make-up. She even had her hair done short to look fresh. She could say she was more of a woman now. Her shorts swapped into skirts, running shoes to heeled boots, and her female instincts forged into an attitude.

 Her shorts swapped into skirts, running shoes to heeled boots, and her female instincts forged into an attitude

Erin left the apartment, a suitcase rolling behind her legs, a smaller bag wrapped around her shoulder. She tucked her other hand into the pocket of her overcoat. Spring had already come, but the weather was still cold. It was also dark, but some of the neighbors woke up as early. It was always that busy in that part of Seoul and remarkably chaotic, perhaps, why she felt upset at the dawn of a reckoning.

Her five years of exploit were ending today.

Dashing through the sidewalk, she almost ran over a drunk. Erin was effortlessly forgiven as she was young and pretty, two redeeming factors against being clumsy. She being bad at directions was also a fact. It took her ages finding the bus station that made her look more adorable when she yelled "Jesus Christ, I've made it!" And while her bus was about to leave, she chase after it--was not what actually happened.

"Watch where you're going, bitch," the man berated and kicked her suitcase. This was not some rom-com where every little oopsie was redeemable.

She arrived at the station earlier than expected, aside that it felt sterile. She got in the bus, nothing more, nothing less, nothing special, except that she looked sleepy and unhappy.

Erin occupied the seat next to a window. "This is it. I'm really going home."

She was going home, but she had never felt so lost. As the bus kicked into motion, the city structure outside the window faded into an image of a boy. She knew the boy more than just the face.

 She knew the boy more than just the face