Episode 1 - Part 2

EPISODE 1 : SPRING RETURNS

"Miss, don't you know what you're doing is dangerous," one of them said. "And please don't leave your suitcase in the middle of the road."

"Um, so-sorry. I'll be careful next time."

Erin didn't know them. The guys just happened to pass by and see her twirling like some lunatic, and notice a suitcase seemingly abandoned in the middle of the road. The guys left as soon as they arrived.

She pouted as she lugged her suitcase. What happened was already embarrassing, but what made her really upset was the fact that she thought of the improbable, unknown to her that the person she expected to see was in Seoul at the time.

"Shit! We've missed it!" Jacob blurted out, hovering over his knees, catching his breaths. The 7:15 bus to Tongyeong just left the station.

Kurt came behind him, panting, and exhausted, but even more worried as he might have had caused the delay.

"Let's just wait for the next bus."

"The next bus?" yelled Jacob. "Don't you realize how much delayed we are right now? Any minute that goes by means a foot deeper into our graves. But don't worry--because I'm going to kill you before Boss Kim fires us!"

"Hey, hey, stop it!"

He chased Kurt through the platform to give him a good smack.

At home, Erin's mom Hanna welcomed her with a tight, motherly hug. Her mom missed her so much as Erin spent the whole winter in Seoul with her father. Since the affair surfaced into light, her parents had been like this, separated.

"Look at you, you've grown so much," Hanna said, cupping her daughter's face to inspect.

"Mom, you sound like you haven't seen me for years."

"You can't blame me. You did spend the winter with your father instead of me."

"Mom. You know this is the first time since you and Dad--you know. He said he missed you, missed us together."

"Let me have that."

The mother smiled before she insisted on carrying the suitcase upstairs. Erin knew well it was only to avoid the conversation. She hoped her father's words could improve the state of affairs, but as it turned out it backfired.

As soon as Hanna climbed down, she walked to the kitchen and tried to look occupied. Erin watched patiently so she was surprised when her mother finally spoke.

"How was your dad?"

"He seems fine."

"Oh? Good for him then," Hanna said coldly as she began setting up the table.

"They've broken up, Mom, for over a year now."