Chapter 11

Itachi frowned he had watched Naruto come to work extremely early and leave work extremely late. Sometimes, he wasn't even sure if Naruto even left the office. True that the job as his secretary is quite demanding but he was pretty sure that the blond could easily finish them during work hours. So why was Naruto staying behind so late? The blond would sometimes stay in the office, doing absolutely nothing. He knew the blond was playing games occasionally on the laptop seeing as his work was finished hours ago but why didn't the blond go home and play instead?
And what is he working on that he has thumb drives scattered all over the table which Itachi caught a glimpse of whenever he passed the desk.

Itachi arrived at work, no longer surprised by the presence of Naruto so early in the morning. In fact, he enjoyed the fact that Naruto's face was the first one he sees in office. It is a great start to the day to see Naruto's beautiful face.
"Good morning Itachi!" Naruto greeted cheerfully, noticing Itachi was holding two cups in his hand. Naruto tilted his head in confusion as Itachi placed one of the cups onto Naruto's table, away from the binders that are stacked on the side of the desk instead of on the ground. The stack of binders was so tall he could almost lean his arm on it while standing up. Naruto mumbled something about keeping soft copies of the documents such as contracts, plans, etc. Just in case something happens. Itachi remembered asking the blond what he thought was going to happen and the blond shrugged and said, "I don't know, thief? Fire?" It seems that the blond was finished as he stood, bringing the binders to the shredder - except for the contracts, Naruto had scanned those but also decided it was imperative that the original copy is to be kept a hard copy.

"I bought you coffee." Itachi said, stating the obvious. Naruto resisted the urge to roll his eyes at the mock seriousness in Itachi's voice. 
"I know that but why?"
"Why not?" Itachi counterattacked jokingly, making Naruto sigh loudly and Itachi smirking at that expression. "Sometimes I don't get you, Uchiha Itachi." Naruto mused, watching the Uchiha take a sip of his coffee as a smirk formed behind the lip of the cup. He would perch himself on the table like he usually does but it seems the table doesn't have a lot of space. Instead he leaned against the shelf behind Naruto, almost standing next to the blond but not quite. Naruto had to turn his head back to see the Uchiha.

Itachi looked around at the table, spotting the file Naruto had been scribbling on during the first meeting he had with the executive team. 'Why was it out?' The report could have been chucked a week after the meeting concludes so why had Naruto kept it on his desk for so long? "Can I?" Itachi asked, gesturing to the file. Naruto nodded, picking up the file and handed it to Itachi.
Itachi raised an eyebrow when he read it, he was about to ask Naruto when he heard the printer running and the blond turned to gather the papers that were being spat out by the printer. Itachi waited for the blond to finish filing the papers, quietly flipping through the file again.
"What is this?"
"Well, you asked to stay that day and I did so why not use my time wisely?" Naruto said, holding out the file that he has just put together. Itachi's eyebrows furrowed together slightly as he exchanged the files with Naruto. The documents inside the file were filled with an index of records and evidence of corruption, the back filled with the actual progress of the teams instead of what they had told him. Itachi sighed, he could predict what those other thumb drive sitting on the table are going to be. "Well, not all of your executive team is being untruthful. Sasuke and the old man sitting next to him are progressing accordingly." Itachi chuckled when Naruto called the white-haired man an old man.
"He isn't old Naruto, his hair is just all white. Hatake Sakumo?" Itachi asked, wondering if Naruto recognise him.
"Ah. The pervert's old man." Itachi raised an eyebrow, confused. "Hatake Kakashi reads Icha Icha paradise. He was my homeroom teacher in high school. Always late but is very efficient if you need him." Itachi nodded thoughtfully as Naruto pushed one of the thumb drives into his windows tablet and handed it to the Uchiha, who begun looking through the details of investigation Naruto had put together himself. It was upsetting to see so much lies and betrayals printed out in black and white when he didn't even notice whereas someone who had only been here for a few hours prior to the meeting noticed it immediately and begun gathering evidence. Some of the evidence even dated back to when his father Fugaku had been in power.
"This would have taken months." Itachi muttered, lifting his head up to look at Naruto. The blond rubbed the back of his neck, smiling sheepishly.
"Investigation team do things... differently." Naruto said and Itachi immediately understood, Naruto gathered evidence through not so legal methods but hey, if you don't tell, no one would know.

Naruto sighed as one by one, the executive team filed in. Naruto stood, walking over to serving them tea. "What are we doing here, Naruto? I am very busy." Sasuke spoke to Naruto like he was beneath him. The blond ignored the rude raven, going back to his desk to call Itachi. They couldn't hear him as he spoke to the phone quietly. "Why are you ignoring me, Dobe?" Naruto pulled at Itachi's door before the man himself could do it.
"Stop being rude to my secretary." Sasuke pressed his lips together, angry. "Naruto." Itachi sent a look towards Naruto after calling him, making the blond man nod and move to retrieve what the taller man needed. Itachi turned and headed back into his office without another word, the others following him. Naruto placed the files on the table in front of Itachi and left quietly, he needed to call Itachi's bodyguards and the security team up, who knows what they would do to the man if they are willing to steal from the richest corporation. He entered back into the room again after the call, under the guise of bringing Itachi more coffee and then he stood himself close to the man after ensuring that the projector was plugged in. Itachi cast a side glance to Naruto, amused that his secretary looked so ready to fight someone.