Chapter 23

Naruto swallowed, nervous. "Pretend like they are our clients?" Naruto glared, Itachi seems to like giving him that advice a lot. Naruto clenched his fists a few times, hoping it would calm his nerves. "I can't pretend like they are clients when I know who they are!" Naruto hissed, making Itachi chuckle.

"Why are you so cute?" Itachi muttered, pressing his lips to Naruto's knuckle. They were sitting at the restaurant waiting for Itachi's parents and brother to arrive. "I am not cute." Naruto hissed again, making Itachi smirk. Itachi looked up to see the sight of his parents at the front door.

"They are here." Itachi muttered, warning Naruto to get ready. Itachi watched in amusement as the blond looked around in panic as if trying to find a place to hide. Naruto shrunk into himself seeing as he didn't have anywhere to hide. Itachi smacked Naruto's leg with the back of his hand, silently telling the blond to stop looking so worried. The blond stiffened slightly before taking a deep breath and loosening his posture. Itachi and Naruto stood at the same time to greet Itachi's parents. "Tou-san, Kaa-san, this is my secretary Naruto." When Mikoto and Fugaku turned their gaze to him, Naruto felt the nervousness rise up in his throat.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Fugaku-sama, Mikoto-sama." Naruto said, extending a hand for a handshake which both the Uchiha reciprocated. 
"Sit sit." Mikoto said pleasantly, putting her handbag behind her and sat down gracefully. "So this is the famous secretary that everyone is talking about?"

Naruto choked on his water, 'Wah?' Naruto turned to look at Itachi, asking him a silent question. "You are the only one that has ever lasted this long as my secretary. They usually get fired in the first month or so and you've been here for more than a year." Naruto blinked, has it really been that long? "of course people are going to gossip." Itachi said.

"What made you keep him for so long, Itachi?" Fugaku asked gruffly, of course, he had heard that the blond was the one that investigated the corruptions in the Uchiha Corporation and got them all arrested in one swoop; however, Fugaku knew that Itachi would never keep someone just because he felt like he owed them anything. Itachi held a hand out to Naruto just as the blond whipped out a tablet to hand it to him, no words exchanged. Mikoto and Fugaku looked at each other, the two were so syncronised or is it just a coincidence?

Itachi showed his parents and Sasuke the amount of work that Naruto had done and all the documents that Naruto had spent extra time fixing just to make sure it couldn't be exploited against the company. Naruto sat there awkwardly, pressing his lips together as he was not used to being complimented. Sasuke sat there, shocked that the blond actually did more work for the company in a week than any other employees in a month. Their parents seem to have realized it too as they were nodding in approval.

They chat about random things, mostly it was Naruto and Mikoto talking but the blond somehow managed to also draw the stoic Uchiha head into the conversation as well, making them all laugh every once in a while. Itachi frowned slightly when he felt his phone vibrate, he looked at Naruto who also received the notification too. "On it." Naruto muttered. "Please excuse me." Naruto said as he pressed the phone to his ear and stood to leave.

The rest continued eating slowly, awaiting the blond's return. Naruto held out the tablet to Itachi when he returned, the man skimmed through it and signed it before giving it back to Naruto who sent off the document. "You have never signed a document so quickly without scrutinising the details." Mikoto said, looking at Itachi.
"Naruto already did that, 5 times actually and sent it back every time because he wasn't satisfied. This is the 6th time." Itachi explained to his parents, letting them know that ever since they had Naruto on the team, most of the things had run really smoothly for him.

Naruto puffed his cheeks at the reminder that he had discussed with them so many times to get the contract right. "Naruto-kun is too cute." Mikoto cooed at the face Naruto made, making Naruto flush.
Naruto was about to say something when his phone vibrated, making his eyelid twitch. "Every damn minute." Naruto grumbled, scanning the email. "You have got to be kidding me." Naruto muttered under his breath.
"What did they do?" Itachi asked, holding out a piece of garlic bread as if trying to pacify the blond. Naruto glared at the garlic bread before taking it and chomping down on it angrily.

"They corrupted the files that I scanned and put together." Itachi raised his eyebrows and asked, "How exactly?" Naruto pressed his lips into a thin line, tapping on his phone before picking up the tablet again. "Someone accidentally downloaded a virus and it corrupted the system." Naruto said distractedly tapping quickly on the tablet. "Hopefully the firewall I installed a while back can protect the main system from it. I should go back to fix it." Naruto stood and Itachi grabbed his wrist, narrowing his eyes at the blond.

"We have a team of computer technicians, you don't have to fix everything you know. Take care of yourself first, eat." Itachi said, pushing the plate of food closer to Naruto. The blond sat down after another gentle tug from Itachi. The rest looked at each other, does this interaction mean something? Itachi never liked touching people or initiating contact. Sasuke almost glared, his brother was making advances on the blond and was going to take the blond for himself even though Itachi probably knew that Sasuke likes Naruto. How foolish can Sasuke be?

The lunch passed without any hassle and Naruto got along really well with the two older Uchiha, ending with them inviting Naruto to join them for another meal soon. Mikoto kept reminding Itachi to invite Naruto back home someday so that she could cook for Naruto and all. Naruto and Itachi looked at each other, do they know that the two of them were dating or?