twenty

Haru's POV

" So this is the Yoonbin you're talking about? " My mom asked as she eyed him up and down. I nodded my head and I heard her tsk-ed.

My dad sighed, " How long have you guys been going out for? " I thought for a moment and was about to answer when Yoonbin snatched the chance.

" We've only started going out recently. " My dad nodded as he let out another long sigh, looking over at my mother.

" i'm utterly disappointed in you, Haru. I thought you're the child that I least have to worry about but I guess Hyunsuk is more dependent than you. " My dad said.

At that moment, the sound of the door unlocking echoed in the house. " I'm home! " Hyunsuk screamed when he walked in.

He saw the tense sight, " Okay bye! I'm out! " He was about to walk back out of the house when my mom held onto his collar, dragging him here.

He pouted as he sat beside Yoonbin who was sweating internally.

" Choi Hyunsuk, Choi Haru, the both of you disappointed your father and I too much. " Mom said as she looked at us with a disapproving expression.

She looked over at Yoonbin, " Young boy, I'm happy that you like our Haru but she's not meant for you. I know you like her but liking is just liking it's not- "

" I'm sorry to cut you off but I have to say this. I'm sorry if i'm not the perfect boyfriend for your daughter but I would like the ask you, what's your definition of perfect? " Yoonbin suddenly stood up.

My mom was caught off guard.

" Perfect means having a good family, a good job, looks good and is filial. " She smiled.

I heard Yoonbin scoffed as he looked over at my parents. " What about giving your daughter happiness? Have you ever thought about how Haru would feel? "

" I might not be rich, have a good family, I might not be as good looking or have a good job but i'm pretty sure i'm filial and i'm pretty sure I can provide Haru happiness because I love her. " A smile appeared on my face.

Listening to what Yoonbin said certainly made me feel more reassured of our relationship. He was confident to give me happiness and the fact that he dare to go against my parents made me realise, he do love me a lot.

" I'm sorry if you want me to leave Haru but I can't. I promised to stay by her side and I will not break that promise. " I stood up and held his hand.

In front of my parents.

Can you see how rebellious I am?

Yoonbin's POV

" Yeah man. Yoonbin is a great guy and I, Choi Hyunsuk approve him. " He punched my arm lightly as he smirked.

I looked over at her parents who seem a little unhappy with what I did.

A sigh escaped my mouth, " Dad, mom you can't stop me from choosing who to love because sometimes it's not by choice. It's the heart that chose the person. "

I looked at Haru, " If you truly love me as your daughter and wants the best for me then please let me be with him. " Her voice quivered.

She held my hand even tighter, " I really do love him more than you think I do. " I smiled as I patted her head lightly.

Hyunsuk cleared his throat, " Let me just move here a little because I feel uncomfortable being in the middle of the both of you. " He shifted backwards.

Her mom looked away, avoiding our gaze while her dad simply didn't want to look up to face us any moment now.

I smiled, since Haru is this confident about our relationship, I should be confident too. " Auntie and Uncle, I promise I will give her happiness so please let me have a chance. "

" Please give him a chance. " She said desperately to her parents who seem heartbroken, having to send her daughter to someone who they feel like isn't good enough.

They simply ignored us, walking past us to their room. The atmosphere became really tense, no one spoke even after her parents left the scene.

Tears started rolling down Haru's cheeks as she squat down and covered her face using both of her hands.

I patted her back as I squat beside her. " I just want my parents to approve of us, what's so tough? " She cried even harder.

" I'll convince mom and dad. " Hyunsuk said as he walked up to their room. This is the time where I saw him being such a brotherly figure.

I looked back at Haru who isn't feeling any better. I forced her to look at me and I gave her a hug. " I will never give up fighting for us. No matter what happen, I will always be with you. "

She wrapped her arms around me as she sobbed even harder than before. Her breathing became heavier, " I'm sure either ways, no parents would want to see their child suffering. "

" Stop crying now or else I'll kiss you. " She chuckled as she wiped her tears using the back of her hand.

I will fight for us, I promise.

Hyunsuk's POV

I stormed up to their room and I slammed opened the door to see them standing by the door, with an unpleasant expression.

" Don't you have proper manners, Choi Hyunsuk? " My mom asked in a furious tone.

" Why can't you let them be together? Haru is happiest when she's with him, don't you want her to be happy? " My dad sighed.

I scoffed, " You guys are always like this. Ever since young, you would always leave the both of us at home while you guys are out working. "

" Did you know my friends would always tease me for being parent-less? " Tears started filling my eyes as memories gushed into my mind.

" Why can't you just let Haru be happy for once? " My voice quivered and I felt a stinging feeling on my cheek.

My mom slapped me.

She scoffed, " Don't you know? The both of us work so hard just so you and Haru would be hap- "

" It's not the wealth that makes us happy! It's your company! We need love from our parents but that's something we didn't get. " I saw the shocked expression on both of my parents faces.

" Why can't you just think about Haru? I don't mind not being loved but Haru clearly needs it. " I said.

" I'll do anything just so Haru would be happy. "

6th Jan 2019

this chapter is well, pretty dramatic and dull i would say and it wasn't 100% my best but I can't think of plots D: idk why

i guess i'll be updating lesser now since school started and most of the time I would leave school at about 4:30-5? and then I would rush home to complete my work and revision so I'll be really busy but I'll try to update whenever i'm free :)