Chapter 3

The next morning Peyton fell asleep with her cheer uniform still on as she came home and passed out cold. Bucky got up and said "Mom I'll be back." 

"Where are you going you never skip breakfast." Winnie said

"Mom I'm just going to see if Peyton wants to eat with me." he said as he walked out the front door and down the side walk. 

He knocked on her front door and her dad answered "James.. what are you doing here?'

"Is Peyton awake?' he said

"Um I'm not sure honestly. I haven't seen her upstairs but you can go check." her dad said 

"Thank you sir." he said

He lead Bucky to the basement door to her room. Bucky opened the door and quietly walked downstairs cause he wasn't sure if her basement room was like his at home. When he stepped off the bottom stair he saw Peyton asleep on the couch on her stomach still in her uniform. 

He swallowed hard and walked over to her. "Peyton wake up." He whispered 

She didn't even move and he moved her hair off of her ear and he whispered "Peyton." 

She jumped awake almost hitting him and she said "Jesus Christ.. what the hell are you doing in my room. I mean at my house." as she realized she was in the living room part of the basement.

"I came to see if you wanted to come eat breakfast with me then we can work on finding songs for the pep rally." he said

"Oh um. Okay just um give me a minute I guess." she said as she realized she was still in her uniform. 

She went into her bedroom and put on a pair of ripped jeans and hoodie. She came out pulling her hair up into a messy bun. "Did you seriously come home and pass out in your uniform?' he said as he leaned against her couch.

"Don't judge me. I was exhausted." she said as she found her phone and keys. 

They went upstairs and Tegan stopped her "Are you going to eat a bowl of cereal before you go?' she said

"Um no I'm going to go eat breakfast with Bucky then work on pep rally stuff." Peyton said then they walked up the street to his house. 

She walked into his house with him followed him into the kitchen. "Sit here." he said as he made her sit in the chair at the table. He started to make both plates then he sit down in front of her "Buck that's way to much food for me." she said

"No it's not." he said 

She bit her lip and started to eat then after she was done. She said "Um I need some air." as she walked out on the front porch. Bucky looked at his parents and Winnie walked outside to find her with her head down and sat beside her "Breathe Peyton.. I know what this is and I've been checking in with you therapist he's told me that you have made tremendous progress in not going back down that road. You can fight the urge just breathe." Winnie whispered who knew the truth behind why Peyton had to get some air. 

Bucky looked at his dad and said "I've missed something clearly." 

"Buck when was the last time you actually sat down and had a conversation with Peyton besides one that is you trying to get in her pants." James said 

"I don't know why?'' he said 

"Well let's just say that you have missed a lot and I'm guessing that your friends haven't exactly been filling you in with how you act." James said 

"Okay." Bucky said as he made himself another plate. 

Meanwhile back out side she looked at Winnie with tears and said "She's doing it again though Winnie. She won't let me eat anything for breakfast except cereal." 

Winnie hugged her and said "I figured that's why you got upset with Bucky when he made your plate full." 

Winnie helped her up and they went back inside. Bucky cleaned up both his plate and hers then took her downstairs to his room. They sat down on his couch "Before we do this Peyton I um are you okay?'he said

"Yeah I'm fine." she said as she played with a string on her jeans.

"Peyton please don't lie to me. I know something is wrong and it's clearly something that my mom knows about." he said 

She looked down he scooted closer to her and took her hand then lifted her chin. "Peyton I know I'm an ass to you and we all use to be really close in elementary school and 6th grade." 

"Tegan and I don't get along like at all. I hate that she's the cheer coach cause she makes my life a living hell. Ever since I lost my mom in the 8th grade I have hated her especially since I found out that she who was suppose to be my mom's best friend was sleeping with my dad during my mom's final months. But when she married my dad and started working for the school and became the cheer coach she's done nothing but made my life hell. Your mom knows something you don't cause um she was the nurse that saw me in the ER." she said as tears fell. 

He wiped her tears and said "Why did you have to go the ER?' 

"Because I um from the end of 8th grade till the middle of our sophomore year I suffered from a eating disorder even though I wasn't fat or even the least bit chubby but Tegan kept saying that I was and so I um I started to throw up after I ate. One day at school I threw up lunch and then went to gym class and it was weight lifting day I forgot I passed out on the elliptical the school called 911 and I was rushed to the ER. I've been going to therapy and I haven't done it in almost two years but in the last few months Tegan has started her crap again of doing it." she said as he continued to wipe her tears. 

"Peyton Marie..." He whispered 

She looked down he said "She's wrong she's nothing but a bitch baby you and I both know that." 

She looked up at him and he wiped her tears. "Now I understand why you were so apprehensive about breakfast when I gave your plate to you and why you only ate a little bit last night." he said 

"I'm sorry." she said

"No it's fine I understand now." he said as he found his IPAD on his coffee table. 

"Grease" She said

"What about the play we did in the 6th grade." he said

"We Go Together" she said 

"Oh that song.. that was a fun song to do Rizzo." he said with a smile. 

She shook her head and said "Kinickie." 

"How I got stuck playing him I'll never know." he said as he pulled the song up. 

She pulled out her phone and went through the list she started to make as she was falling asleep the night before. They spent a few hours doing that then he took her out for lunch before they went to their afternoon practices.