The Wrong Girl

Kim could not believe it. Was it a joke? A way to make her come out of the light and what-ever-it-be get her?

Slowly she crawled out from under the desk but stayed behind it, staring at the door. I need to get a mask like Angel has Kim thought looking around the room for anything.

Behind the door a voice called out "hello, does there happen to be a beautiful lady inside?" And the knocking continued.

Kim felt foppish and unwillingly blushed at the small comment.

The voice had almost been sarcastic, as if everything going on was a game of some sort. She narrowed her eyes at the door then ducked under the desk again.

Not for one second do I believe some one else is in this building who wants to help and walks around like nothing out there with them and crossed her arms, hoping what ever was behind the door would explain itself, and soon.

The door opened, a long creak and a small burst of air greeted Kim. She held her breath and waited.

Kim could wait all day if she had to, but Angel was waiting for her. She had no time for this and looked around the side of the desk, at the door.

A wall of blackness boarded it up and nothing was to be seen within. The light left a little trail into the hallway but that was it.

Taking a silent breath, Kim waited for anything to happen. She looked above the desk and waited a little, and slowly stood up.

Keeping still she tried to look further into the hallway but still nothing was off.

A young man gently leaned in from the darkness, he held his pea-coat back with a gentle hand.

Kim tripped backing up into the spiny chair.

Watching his every move, he gracefully walked over to her and held his hand out to her. "Not the beauty I was looking for, but indeed a lovely lady within" he said with an enlightened smile.

The mans hair was black with a wind blown look to it and just long enough to cover his emerald eyes. Light, almost unnoticeable, freckles splashed his softly tanned face.

His pea-coat was an odd gray and belted. Underneath it was a hint of a dress shirt and he was wearing dress pants with fine black shoes.

Kim could not take her eyes off of him, partly because how quaint he was from the rest of the building. And because he did not try to kill her.

With small movements she put her hand in his, and the mans smile grew as he pulled her up.

As she stood up Kim swayed a little and he grabbed her elbow to still her. Kim's mouth was full of cotton as she tried to speak, which resulted in a sweet chuckle from the man.

He was a few years older, near his twenties maybe, but acted so much older to Kim.

She glanced over at the door, the man still smiling said "I agree" and left her to shut it. Walking back he cheerfully greeted Kim.

"Salutations. My name is Romulus and I happen to be looking for my girlfriend, have you seen her?"

Kim stared at the man, Romulus, more confused then before he walked uninvited into the room.

She just shook her head no. "What a shame! We both enjoy playing hide and seek you see. I've been looking for my lovely Selena for hours now but I just can't find her. She's always been better at the game than myself. Do you mind helping me?"

Something shook the confusion off of Kim and she replayed "how did you even get inside this place? Were you already here like me?"

She decided she wanted to know more before she went on saying anything about Angel just yet.