Sleep

Kim ran as fast as she could. Getting away from that thing was all she could think about.

Kim wanted desperately to stop and throw up but she would not dare stop, even if it did not follow.

The image of it was still so vivid in her mind, forcing her into a panicked run. Even excluding the shadows that laid so thickly around it, it was still scary.

Kim could only guess it was human. Or at least once it was human. It had the shape of an athletic woman.

It's hair was falling out in patches, what was left of it was a sun kissed brown. Blood dropped out of its left eye and other various places on its head. It's right eye was swollen as if it had gotten into a fight.

It held its arms uncomfortably crooked to its chest and blood stained its fingered. What frightened Kim the most about it was its skin.

It was almost pealing off, but in thick fatty chunks. It stood in a small area were its oils and skin had settled on to the floor around it. The skin was sliding on revolting oils that hid between the sliced and breaking skin.

It was out of this world, inconceivable to even the most imaginative minds. Kim wanted to scream, to hide forever away from it.

She ran as fast as she could down the dark hallways only hoping never to see that creature again.

Bam! Smack into Angel, they both fell. Angel held her head glaring at Kim. "Are you alright?" Kim said urgently.

"Why did you scream!" Shrieked Angel. "W-what? Oh, I'll tell you later now we got to move!"

Kim dragged Angel to her feet. "No! You told me that I was not allowed to scream, and now I know why. Some ones after me now! What's your excuse."

"What! We really need to go!" Kim took Angels hand and was gone.

It was harder to run with the little girl who wanted nothing to do with Kim but Kim held on tight.

They went flying down halls, unaware of where they were going. Just running to get away. The hallways started to become lighter the further they ran.

Hope lit a small fire in Kim. Angel screamed. The sound of metal clinging against itself and the whoosh in the air above them showed that something big jumped over them.

It did not stop but continued running foreword. Kim took the first right she saw, still holding onto Angel.

Hallways and doors flew by, some were open which surprised Kim. Where could we be in a building like this? but just then Kim slipped and Angel took the chance and bolted.

"Ugh, Angel!" Kim sneered. What was with that girl?

Looking at what she slipped on Kim froze. A chunky, oily peace of fat was smeared all over the ground. The smell was worse then she though. Kim threw up.

Wiping her mouth she listened to the silent hallway for any signs. "Angel?" A voice halls away questioned.

Kim stayed perfectly still. Please no Kim begged within her self. It was the same odd voice she had heard early. But it was noticeably weird. It was her voice.

She did not have much time to think on it because just then a scream was let off. Kim was back on her feet and running.

The hallway reeked of that smell and even worse the more she ran. Kim wanted nothing to do with it but none the less Kim ran to it, praying the worst does not await.

Rounding the corner Kim slammed into the creature. The small fire blew out.

Again that scream was let off, but it was her own. Then it hit Kim hard, 'it can mimic people!' She gasped staring at it.

The creature smiled sweetly at Kim. She choked on air. Kim started to shiver, fear swam in the air around her. Panic stuck in her throat. Her eyes stung unable to look away.

The smell now so close and real made matters worse. It tilted its head, and almost had a human expression of sassy curiosity.

Kim slightly shifted her footing. The creature stopped smiling and lost the humane look. Kim took deep breaths and waited for anything.

The urge to sleep had found and snuggled its way into Kim without being detected. It had started to drown her. All she wanted to do was lay down and give in, her eye lids were so heavy.

No! I got to stay awake! Kim shook her head agitated. The creature clenched its fists and glared at Kim.

She fought hard not to fall asleep. Kim began to sway, she needed to sleep and now. Right before she passed out the creature said something with a dastardly grin.

With the voice of Angel it spoke "Ahh, so the sleep in twined with my chemicals still works. How nice."

And with that Kim fell into sweet soothing darkness, wondering if she would ever awake again.